Spray Foam Insulation

jimmym40

I'm looking for this type of insulation. It comes in a spray can and used to seal up leak in whatever (framing, a/c ducts, etc.) Anyone ever come across it in CM?

Thanks.

i was wondering this myself. i have also heard that it may be subject to insects eating it. true?

cm does have global house. about as good as it gets.

am after same - down in bkk inspecting a house we're building... the lads dug uot the spray-on insulation to hang the drop ceiling, now needs to be filled in - is it really available in a can?? more info pls!!

Home Pro in Phuket sell it, so I suppose it's available in Bangkok branches as well. The ants just love the stuff though, so I wouldn't recommend it

am after same - down in bkk inspecting a house we're building... the lads dug uot the spray-on insulation to hang the drop ceiling, now needs to be filled in - is it really available in a can?? more info pls!!

Home Pro in Phuket sell it, so I suppose it's available in Bangkok branches as well. The ants just love the stuff though, so I wouldn't recommend it

Ah, the joys of Home Ownership..... :o

I found it. Home Pro carries it. It's a rather large (tall) can. I couldn't find it on my own. I know the store manager, asked her about it and presto, she went somewhere in the store and got me a can. Rather expensive, 630 baht.

There used to be a company, run by a German guy, that did this on a bigger scale. I had my loft done, to keep out rats, bats, birds etc. It worked, and also provided some insulation, though it still gets pretty hot upstairs, in the daytime. The only downside is that it covers up everything, including the wiring, so if you get a problem later, it's harder to track down. It can be applied to the underside of the tiles, or directly onto the ceiling. Not cheap, but definitely kept the critters out for the past 10 years.