Poramase “Beer” Ngampiches looks set to be next Pattaya mayor after unofficial results have come in

webfact

image.jpeg

By Adam Judd

Pattaya, Thailand-  Poramase “Beer” Ngampiches looks set to be the next Pattaya mayor after unofficial, preliminary results with 98% of precincts reporting show him with a solid lead over his three opponents.

According to the latest, as of press time, unofficial results, Poramase had 14,349 votes in the first place, with the second place person, Sinchai Wattanasartsathorn with 12,477 votes. Third place was “Bob” Kittisak with 8,759 votes and fourth place was Sakchai Taenghor with 990 votes. These unofficial counts were likely to slightly fluctuate but officials feel the overall order and results are clear.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

The preliminary results show that Pattaya had about a 49.96 percent voter turnout, far less than the goal of 70%.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/05/22/poramase-beer-ngampiches-looks-set-to-be-next-pattaya-mayor-after-unofficial-results-have-come-in/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-05-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

1 hour ago, BigT73 said:

If I was voting and had a box with "beer" i too would have ticked that.

That´s the reason why they ban alcohol sales during voting weekend ???? 

Edited by Gottfrid

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

36,575 total votes seems low, even for a 50% turnout. I always assumed Pattaya had a big population. Is he the same party as Kunplume? no change of getting the roads fixed then.

I think it is something to do with the registered population which is far less than what one would suspect. Many locals working here are not registered but maintain their home address. 

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks to me like Prayuts coalitions in the outer areas is starting to crumble.  Bet he has his parachute packed for a soft landing somewhere he can not be extradited from, maybe a neighboring mansion compound near his soon to be BFF...........

We can only dream

• Like 1