Phuket introduces island’s largest leisure and entertainment destination “Andamanda Phuket” yesterday

webfact

Excellent, a 3m wave, will definitely be checking that out.

Wonder if dual pricing will kick in.

Website needs some work.

Wouldn't want to be a Splash Jungle investor, COVID now this, maybe some cheap 2nd hand water slides on Phuket for sale soon!!

Edited by beechbum

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Phuket – “Andamanda Phuket” Waterpark official launched its opening on Saturday, May 21st, as the island’s largest leisure and entertainment destination.

Any short time rooms?????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Adventure Explorer 1,500 THB (Height ≥122 cm.) Mini Explorer 1,000 THB (Height 91 cm. - 121 cm.) Beginner Explorer Free Entry (Height ≤ 90 cm.) Senior Explorer 1,000 THB (Age ≥ 60 years & up)

On 5/23/2022 at 5:21 AM, webfact said:

The amusement park highlights 10,000 square meters of the artificial sea that can produce three-meter waves, perfect for all-year surfing. It comes with an artificial sandy beach that is over 300 meters long

If they build something like that in Bangkok that would make sense. But who needs artificial waves and an artificial beach in Phuket? What next? Artificial sun? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If they build something like that in Bangkok that would make sense. But who needs artificial waves and an artificial beach in Phuket? What next? Artificial sun?

We don't have surfable waves all year round and what we do gets pretty average most of the time.

I don't see anything capable of producing a 3m wave here.

Even Kelly Slater's wave pool in California is 700 meters long by 150 meters wide with the ride clocking in at 45 seconds – the longest of any of the world's wave pools to date. A wave is generated about every two minutes at Kelly's and ranges in size from 3-to-6-feet, so nowhere near 3m.

11 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

I don't see anything capable of producing a 3m wave here.

I do! The water feature in the top right (not fully filled) looks identical to the Valley Of Waves at Sun City, South Africa.

I would guess that a 3m wave is from peak to trough, so not really that big - but big enough for a fun park.

Edited by London Lowf