‘America is killing itself’: world reacts with horror and incomprehension to Texas shooting

webfact

55 minutes ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

I can go on and on it was a national movement.

In my state, Elementary schools, Junior High or High schools did not remove police because police were never on campuses to begin with. This mass killing was at an elementary school. BTW If calls were made to remove police, it would have been at Uni's and Colleges & it, police removal, did not happen in my state. 

Good deflection though. 

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 1

Just read that this btard locked the classroom with the kids inside and then simply shot them all, absolutely horrific.

And being America there will no doubt some other nutters freely going to buy the weapons of their choice to one up the latest horror story.

2 minutes ago, apetryxx said:

How do you stop Crazy? 

Limiting or removing their options for mass slaughter is a start.

The score would have been a lot less if he only had a knife.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A post containing content that was copy and pasted from another news site without a supporting link has been removed as per the following:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, superal said:

America , the land of the free .  To me and others it could be so much better if it sorted out its political systems . Gun lobbyists seem to dictate the firearms laws ." Having a gun is our constitutional right ", is widely backed . The Sky news just reported that on average 22 children a day are hit by gunshot . On average 5 children die every day  . Every year in excess of 117,000 people are shot with over 40,000 dying .  Theses are staggering stats and the USA government should be ashamed . Time for the American people to speak up and change this gun culture which will take a few years to do but gun sales need to be restricted to those who have been background checked and have a legitimate reason for gun ownership . 

Agree with you but your last sentence ...Time for American people ............................ Are not these American people the ones with the guns ?  ' Having a gun is our constitutional right ;. What a disgrace eh.

• Thanks 1

America is a gun owning culture, that goes way back.  A colonial era church in New England, where I grew up had a defensive construction.  Instead of parishioners entering from the back of the church facing the pulpit, people entered from the front of the church bringing their guns into the pews.  That way, they could (and did) shoot attacking Indians.

Perhaps we don’t need AR-15s for home invasion defense.  On the other hand, no country could ever overrun America—with so many guns in our homes.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Excel said:

Why would any country desire to overrun America ? Its full of nutters with guns. Leave them to their own devices as they will eventually kill themselves off.

That’s true in Chicago and other Defund the Police American cities.  They do kill themselves off.  If they take away guns—only criminals (and remaining cops will have guns),

• Thanks 1

A post flying in the face of the fair use rule has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

This has been pointed out often enough before, please do not post in this manner as it could come back on the forum

It's a good article suggest put it up again but observing the fair use rule.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

If no-one had guns, police officers would be unnecessary.

After Port Arthur in 1996, Australians said enough. The last mass shooting at any educational institution was 20 years ago, at Monash University.

When these mass shootings occur in America, they have one thing in common. The shooters are equipped with weapons that are designed with only one purpose in mind, to kill and maim as many people as possible, as quickly as possible.

The NRA is a powerful lobby group. Until politicians start filing into jail for accepting bribes and support from an organization that aids and abets the slaughter of American children, it will be business as usual. Gun firms are delighted, sales go up every time there is a mass shooting. How sick is that? An 18 yo kid able to obtain not one, but two AR16's. How stupid is that?

It's complete nonsense for supporters of the Second Amendment to say one can't own guns in Australia. I was a gun owner, and still could be one if I was living in Australia, along with thousands of farmers and sporting shooters. I just can't own a weapon designed for rapid butchery.

26 years on from Port Arthur, and the US still has not comprehended the lesson Australia provided. Dumb or stubborn, take your pick.

Your point is well taken but that will never happen.  At least not in our lifetime.

They are not going to change the "2nd" amendment for a very small percentage of deaths for the safety of the majority.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, morrobay said:

Armed police officers are required security for schools and other facilities. Ted Cruz, Sen-TX introduced bill for hardening schools but the democrats blocked it. Stop and search, and most other preventative measures are also blocked by these liberal saps who place someones "civil rights" above the safety of the general public.

Okay, then explain how this shooter GOT PAST TWO ARMED POLICE TO GET INTO THE SCHOOL PRIOR TO STARTING THE SHOOTING. Where are the "good guys with guns"? THEY WERE THERE. THEY DID NOTHING. THEY RAN AWAY. Nineteen dead kids. Just another day in America. BTW, we don't have this problem in other countries, ever wonder why? What could the difference possibly be?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

We are witnessing an astonishing degree of cowardice on the part of democratic politicians, who are not seizing the moment. The centrist element has been cowed into submission by the so called progressives.

Silly.  Every time Democrats bring up gun control after a mass shooting, the Republicans will scream "you're politicizing a national tragedy!"  But if gun control is brought up without a recent mass shooting, everyone ignores it. 

Edited by Berkshire
  • Like 1

you need look no further, than the responses here, to see what the problems is.

imperial violence abroad, =violence @home ; the blowback costs of the hegemony that seeks peace through violent coercion instead of through taking care of its people,

"defund" or redirect it from massive police overtime to actual people and their needs ; the police shoot & kill 1000+ /year , year after year, they are no heroes

Some of these arguments are good points.

The problem is there are more than 350 million guns in the USA.

If you take all the guns away the criminals will be the only ones with guns.

Plus it is a very importance piece of the founders constitution. It is not going away.

Come up with another solution instead of hating on the USA.

The violence is horrible and senseless for sure, but you have no idea how bad it would be if law biding citizens were not allowed guns.  

I am not a gun nut but I do have a few weapons at my home to protect myself and my family.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Okay, then explain how this shooter GOT PAST TWO ARMED POLICE TO GET INTO THE SCHOOL PRIOR TO STARTING THE SHOOTING. Where are the "good guys with guns"? THEY WERE THERE. THEY DID NOTHING. THEY RAN AWAY. Nineteen dead kids. Just another day in America. BTW, we don't have this problem in other countries, ever wonder why? What could the difference possibly be?

Where was this ever reported?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

Your point is well taken but that will never happen.  At least not in our lifetime.

They are not going to change the "2nd" amendment for a very small percentage of deaths for the safety of the majority.

Small percentage,yes sure.

Go tell that to the parents who just lost their children,you might get shot!

This ultra violence is just part of American  life. It will never go away until fundemental changes in  American culture  take place and changes in the American psyche change in particular. Violence,  guilt, hate, anger,  mental instability,  predudice, poverty, denial, injustice, fear, greed and corruption drive American  consciousness. These emotions are promoted and exploited by the political elite whose wealth  of 1% of the people exceeds 90%. For many people it's a  hopeless, gruelling third world country. The American  Dream,  perpetuated by Hollywood in reality  is a nightmare. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jvs said:

Small percentage,yes sure.

Go tell that to the parents who just lost their children,you might get shot!

I am not saying it is bad,

But the counter argument is tell that to all the parents who were able to protect their families at home.

If we did it your way we would stop world travel if there is another plane crash.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, jvs said:

Here it is again!

The same old stupid regurgitated line.

If you take all the guns away the criminals will be the only ones with guns.

Please tell me,how many criminals have gone into schools and massacred innocent

children?

EVERY SINGLE ONE IS A CRIMINAL, DUH

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

The Second Amendment refers to the right to bear arms. It does not specify what those arms are supposed to be, and I seriously doubt the Founding Fathers had Armalites in mind when it was drafted.

We changed the laws in Australia. The USA can change laws too, heaven knows you have enough lawmakers for the task.

I don't know if America educates on responsible gun ownership. It's a given in Australia, along with a licence application process designed to weed out the obvious nutters. From memory, about 38 pages of questions, without a shooter's licence or farmer's exemption no gun shop in Australia will sell you any firearm.

I enjoyed gun ownership. I had a 0.243 Magnum, among others. That weapon was so powerful if you hit someone in the hand from 100 metres away, they'd be dead from hydrostatic shock.

Having said that, it was a bolt action rifle, designed for pig hunting. The weapons the Second Amendment protects are designed to butcher human beings.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

The Second Amendment refers to the right to bear arms. It does not specify what those arms are supposed to be, and I seriously doubt the Founding Fathers had Armalites in mind when it was drafted.

We changed the laws in Australia. The USA can change laws too, heaven knows you have enough lawmakers for the task.

I don't know if America educates on responsible gun ownership. It's a given in Australia, along with a licence application process designed to weed out the obvious nutters. From memory, about 38 pages of questions, without a shooter's licence or farmer's exemption no gun shop in Australia will sell you any firearm.

I enjoyed gun ownership. I had a 0.243 Magnum, among others. That weapon was so powerful if you hit someone in the hand from 100 metres away, they'd be dead from hydrostatic shock.

Having said that, it was a bolt action rifle, designed for pig hunting. The weapons the Second Amendment protects are designed to butcher human beings.

I agree with most your points but like I said the wording in 2nd Amendment is so vague it is left for the courts to decide and they have already decided to not allow change.

The government is controlling gun ownership by regulating ammunition though.

It is very difficult to purchase ammo in some states.

• Like 1