Skål Bangkok lunch with Korn Chatikavanij speaking on Thailand’s Tourism

ASEAN NOW

284034261_10159216443768611_7238429528274949542_n.jpg 

Skal International Bangkok is delighted to present an exceptional guest speaker for the upcoming Business Luncheon Talk on Tuesday 14th June 2022: Korn Chatikavanij, former Minister of Finance. 

Venue and Time: 11:30 am 14th June 2022 at the Hyatt Regency Bangkok Sukhumvit Hotel

Speaker: Korn Chatikavanij, politician, best selling author, and former investment banker

TOPIC: Thailand's Economy Direction for Thailand Tourism in 2022-2023 

Join for the very latest insights and an expert perspective of what to expect of Thailand’s important tourism sector. 

Enjoy a 4-course western set lunch with wine, beer and coffee. 

For Skal members Baht 950 

Non-members are most welcome at Baht 1,650

For young Skal only Baht 500 per person. (Aged 20-30 years old)

For reservations : [email protected]

The luncheon at the Hyatt Regency Bangkok Sukhumvit will be a popular gathering and advance reservations are strongly advised. 

Speaker Bio: From 2008 to 2011, Korn Chatikavanij was finance minister under democrat Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva. In January 2020 he left the democrat party to form his own Kla party. As party leader Korn Chatikavanij, is considered to be a future potential prime minister with the younger entrepreneurial generation. Born in London and educated at St John’s College Oxford this 58 year old Thai politician has a unique understanding of macro economics and is no stranger to public speaking and is widely regarded, articulate and knowledgeable

Skål International today has approximately 13,000 members in 318 Clubs throughout 96 nations headquartered at the General Secretariat in Torremolinos, Spain. For more information, please visit www.skal.org 
For Skal International Bangkok please visit: 

About Skal International: 

Skål International is a professional organisation of tourism leaders around the world. Founded in 1934, Skål International is an advocate of global tourism and peace and is a not for profit association. Skål does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, religion or politics. Skål is focused on doing business and business networking in the company of fellow professionals in an atmosphere of friendship. The Skål toast promotes Happiness, Good Health, Friendship, and Long Life.

It is the only international group uniting all branches of the travel and tourism industry. 

For Skal membership enquiries, please email: [email protected] 

17 hours ago, hashmodha said:

Interesting....does he have knowledge about Tourism Industry?

Don't know, but he is smart enough to know about a lot of things. Tourism came up in our convo - I told him about how Italy had been the number one destination for US tourist but the locals cheated them so mercilessly that it lost that. He listened intently to that example.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 11:45 AM, mokwit said:

Don't know, but he is smart enough to know about a lot of things. Tourism came up in our convo - I told him about how Italy had been the number one destination for US tourist but the locals cheated them so mercilessly that it lost that. He listened intently to that example.

You know this is a normal way of Tourism these days.... You mention Italy...may be you know TripAdvisor scandal a few years ago about their incharge or lead falsifying thousands of reviews and accepting under the table income..... ripping tourists is in the DNA of the travel industry....I lived in Mykonos Greece and worked in Tourism industry there..... Right now as I write there is jaw dropping reading charging of restaurant billings on TripAdvisor..... from the 90s when the restaurants used to give a larger portion so the travellers would return to the same place through out their holidays, they now give less to the same customer and more to the local!!!....I have seen this so many times that I can remember and because I speak the language I have shamed them countless times and they actually realized.... giving and offering generously returned in multifold especially at the beach guest relations I did.... every Third bottle of whatever was with compliments.... the guests returned and stayed their entire holidays and spending thousands of Euros......same philosophy in Samui where we had a small restaurant which people made their second home for their entire stay.... enjoying the garden during the day, children playing around when it was closed as we opened in the evenings... sorry I digressed.... but enjoyed writing this!????????

On 5/27/2022 at 11:45 AM, mokwit said:

I imagine he gets braced by people frequently with their petty gripes and dismisses them accordingly.

Edited by The Hammer2021

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I imagine he gets braced by people frequently with their petty gripes and dismisses them accordingly.

I was trying to make a helpful point for him as Hi So locals tend not to be gauged like tourists and therefore don't understand how bad the problem can be (many local tourist businesses are intelligently run in this respect).

My mistake for taking you off long term ignore after reading just a few of your posts and the tone of your replies previously. I won't make that mistake again. BYE.