What Is The Future Of Pattaya’s Walking Street?

webfact

Sounds like some modest money changed hands ???? - Whilst I cant deny that moving the massive red light district out of the centre of Pattaya would make alot of sense, it seems that there is a substantial gap between what Pattaya offers families now and the vision the government has.  Luck to all. 

20 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Being realistic, if they were to decide to get rid of all the sex and sleaze from WS, the first thing they'd have to do is to get rid of all the bars and Gogo's and discos and restaurants illegally built out over the sea. For a number of reasons, they've been left alone in the present incarnation of WS, but I doubt they'd survive a complete change of purpose. So that's half of the premises along the street gone for good, and when you take into account the fact that some of the side streets, like Soi Diamond, are privately owned and are nothing to do with Mueang Pattaya, the scope for regeneration starts to look a lot more limited than  might seem to be the case at first.

The illegal restaurants built over the water have survived without a walking street and despite orders after the coup to demolish them. Palms have been greased and it's biz as usual.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mikeymike100 said:

You must not get much! Apart from other areas in Thailand, especially in Bangkok, many other countries have areas where girls can be obtained for a small or large fee. Even in some countries you wouldn't think of like Indonesia or Dubai, both Muslim countries. But certainly Mexico, Philippines, Germany, even Nigeria!

So that's some sort of justification for it then- it happens in other places. By that logic you can defend child prostitution, incest and slavery.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

"If it's not broke, don't fix it"   Leave  Walking Street  as it is with no early closing times and with paid police details as we do in many US cities so that patrons are not assaulted by bouncers or deal drugs on the premises. Any family oriented themes can be along the other areas of Pattaya Beach.

I cannot add anything more, spot on. 

• Like 2

Family resort or Walking Street - the Mayor will decide where he's going to get more money from......

I don't think you can have both as the latter will tarnish the former. I have warned families not to go to Pattaya. I was first there 35 years ago,  go now with the missus from BKK

Edited by Pmbkk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Get rid of walking street, there will be nothing for the Chinese to come and see

they will still want to buy pseudo things in pseudo "duty free shops", go to trans shows, bother the elderly massage woman, take day trips to pseudo islets (Ko Larn...) and - above all - enjoy illegal online gambling with real Chinese illegally residing in TH and cheating their own folks out of millions (which is the classic win-lose situation ???? )

Edited by thurien
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

The illegal restaurants built over the water have survived without a walking street and despite orders after the coup to demolish them. Palms have been greased and it's biz as usual.  

With just a little cooperation from the restaurants in Hua Hin built illegally out over the beach they could extend and join up in the middle of the Gulf......????