I'm stuck in the e visa online application

Anyone, please?

I'm applying for a non O 90 day single entry family visit ( Thai spouse) on the e visa website. My country of residency is France. I did this successfully at the end of last year. No demand for any insurance cover. That came at the Thailand Pass application.

This time the online application asks for evidence of 100,000 US$ Covid insurance for 90 days.

I don't get it. I understood that was for an OA visa.  Today it's asking for this although clearly states I'm applying for a non O.

I thought that the required Covid cover now was only for US$ 10,000. Should I just buy that and upload the certificate with fingers crossed?

There seems no way to contact them to ask if this is right.

And I haven't been able to find this bare level of cover so far. The max seems to be 50,000 with Luma.

I'm 70 with some pre existing conditions now and wider travel insurance is tricky and expensive.

Entering at Suvarnabhumi on 15 July. So I believe no Thailand Pass needed by then.

Please can anyone advise me? 

I'm applying for a non O 90 day single entry family visit ( Thai spouse) on the e visa website. My country of residency is France. I did this successfully at the end of last year. No demand for any insurance cover. That came at the Thailand Pass application.

This time the online application asks for evidence of 100,000 US$ Covid insurance for 90 days.

I don't get it. I understood that was for an OA visa.  Today it's asking for this although clearly states I'm applying for a non O.

I thought that the required Covid cover now was only for US$ 10,000. Should I just buy that and upload the certificate with fingers crossed?

There seems no way to contact them to ask if this is right.

And I haven't been able to find this bare level of cover so far. The max seems to be 50,000 with Luma.

I'm 70 with some pre existing conditions now and wider travel insurance is tricky and expensive.

Entering at Suvarnabhumi on 15 July. So I believe no Thailand Pass needed by then.

Please can anyone advise me? 

The website of the Thai embassy in France does not seem to be structured very well, but on the page http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/voyagecovid/ the insurance requirement is shown as USD 10,000

This visa should not be listed as a requirement for the visa but instead for the Thailand Pass, which will not be needed starting 1 July if the decision gets published in the Royal Gazette by that date.

Theoretically, you should be allowed to apply for the visa without an insurance certificate. Try and see if it works. The visa will be valid for travel to Thailand within 30 days from its date of issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is an error on the the e visa site. Insurance is not required for a non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai.

I have suggested to others they upload a page stating it is not required for your visa application or such to get past that point in the application.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, mania said:

Can you wait till July 1st when all those rules will be dropped including Thai Pass?

He is applying for a non-o visa on thee visa site and that will still be needed on or after July 1st.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maestro said:

The website of the Thai embassy in France does not seem to be structured very well, but on the page http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/voyagecovid/ the insurance requirement is shown as USD 10,000

This visa should not be listed as a requirement for the visa but instead for the Thailand Pass, which will not be needed starting 1 July if the decision gets published in the Royal Gazette by that date.

Theoretically, you should be allowed to apply for the visa without an insurance certificate. Try and see if it works. The visa will be valid for travel to Thailand within 30 days from its date of issue.

This is from the UK embassy guidance, only version of the Type O where it is required. Not looking good if linked to visa application.

• Non-Immigrant Type (Retirement (pensioner aged 50 or above with a state pension who wants to stay in Thailand for no longer than 90 days) - single entry only)
  •  
  • Financial evidence e.g. A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000
  • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland. Copy of health insurance that covers COVID-19 related medical expenses, both inpatient and outpatient, no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand.

14 hours ago, mania said:

Sorry don't know if the site is just wrong but,

Can you wait till July 1st when all those rules will be dropped including Thai Pass?

A bit late to be sure the visa is granted! Ubonjoe has the best answer below 

• Like 1

Just checked Dutch site.

90 days non O (retired) you need insurance with explicit mentioned amounts.

90 days non O (family visiting) you dont need it.

I see on a youtube , you can select family visiting but then only 60 days. However with the statement of Ubon joe, i think, it has a setup in e visa then and you have to fill in that page with a denial for that kind of e visa? Weird.

However it is also weird nothing is mentioned of corona items. Not about vaccination or QR code, not about the test you need to have to go to Thailand. If i red right on internet about that, you need at least fast antigentest, but then not done by yourself, but by an official !? 

Also followed manual of e visa, but many things dont come up in that manual. As probably shown manual is for the simplest e visa.

IF you dont do it right, they can cancel and you loose your fee, thank you.

Neither the RT Embassy Paris website nor the guide " Do I need a visa and which type if I do" on the e-visa application website itself list medical insurance of any type (nor therefore the amount of financial cover) for a non O 90 day family visit visa, which is why I was pulled up short.

So I've decided I will upload a polite note pointing this out and undertaking to buy a minimum of US$ 10,000 before I travel if as is currently required for the Thailand Pass. If the TP is confirmed as ending on 1 July as trailed, then who knows what will be wanted then but surely not more than the current 10 k US$ coverage to enter.

I'll update as my application progresses.