No masks, cannabis legal, bars open, is Thailand back to normal?

webfact

What I can't get an answer to is am I required to be fully vaccinated to come to Thailand.  I have a home there and go for 5 - 6 months prior to COVID.  Do I need the 2 shots and the 2 boosters?  Can't get an answer to this at consulates in the US.

22 minutes ago, thaipo7 said:

What I can't get an answer to is am I required to be fully vaccinated to come to Thailand.  I have a home there and go for 5 - 6 months prior to COVID.  Do I need the 2 shots and the 2 boosters?  Can't get an answer to this at consulates in the US.

Ya, good question.  What exactly does “fully vaccinated” mean?

Edited by Tracyb
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, smedly said:

there is a lot of confusion about opening hours, many places have no idea that they can stay open after 12.......................................what is normal ?

the police have rinced so many bar owners these last few months................when does it end ?

when does the corrupt end ?

The police are another organisation of local fake gangsters, they pay their way to get to powerful positions. In my experience of being hounded by phuket police i threatened to bring them to court, sue them.local police are scared of their scams being known, cowboys. 

• Like 2

IMHO, the Thai government itself is in a state of confusion whereby they try desperately to bring things to normal and just go about it willy ninny as it seems right now, and i would'd be surprised at any future move my the government forward or backwards...

4 hours ago, webfact said:

It is likely that the habit of carrying a mask will continue and most will likely continue wearing a mask when in the company of other mask wearers, just to be polite.

I went to Global House in Chonburi yesterday and didn't see anyone not wearing a mask.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, thaipo7 said:

Yes, from what I can tell, you either need up to date vaccinations and/or a negative test within 72 hours of travelling.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Wow, why are you even in Thailand....are you the real first person who only comes for the temples ????

why do you assume everyone is here for sex, booze, and partying.  Some of us actually like Thauland without acting like "disgraceful farang."

1 hour ago, thaipo7 said:

Yes, from what I can tell, you either need up to date vaccinations and/or a negative test within 72 hours of travelling.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I arrived in Bangkok last Wednesday returning from an overseas trip and was required to complete an arrival card distributed by the airline.

I questioned the requirement for it to be completed and was advised by the airline employee and the Immigration officer that the suspension only applies to Thai citizens.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3