https://aseannow.com/topic/1264321-airfares-from-bangkok-are-already-reaching-crazy-levels/Airfares from Bangkok are already reaching crazy levels

webfact

23 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Would driving and loading on the ferry be any cheaper.

Much cheaper - and flying by Air Asia to Surat Thani from Don Mueang and then bus to Donsak and ferry to Nathon also a cheaper option

Well its been a busy morning for me so far with tickets for Singapore / Malaysia /Vietnam.. I want to see the whole of Southeast Asia .. ticket prices within Southeast Asia are dirt cheap ..  for Business class after Vietnam  not sure if i want to go Cambodia or Laos .. Life is short, so enjoy it to the fullest.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 1:29 PM, Big Bert said:

Looking at flight for my next leave from the vessel. 

AMS - BKK return £1,800.00

NCL - BKK return £2,000.00

These are for economy trips under 20 hours

When is your "next leave from the vessel" and what is the duration of your leave?

Otherwise your airfare quotes lack context.

On 7/1/2022 at 2:27 AM, NanLaew said:

When is your "next leave from the vessel" and what is the duration of your leave?

Otherwise your airfare quotes lack context.

14-15th July to 8-9 August.

If I come back too soon or leave later hotels at Schipol are also more than double prices. 

Very hard to plan to get home right now.

On 6/29/2022 at 1:26 PM, Almer said:

Just on my way back to Issan from Koh Chang and that island hasn’t seen many of the 11 million tourists 

I was there 6 weeks ago. We left the island at 10am on Friday. 1.5 km queue of cars waiting to get on the ferry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Bert said:

I was there 6 weeks ago. We left the island at 10am on Friday. 1.5 km queue of cars waiting to get on the ferry

I left Wednesday 1 pm 8 cars on the ferry, and an establishment I visited on the island  told me I was the first customer in 6 days, nice welcoming place it was.

1 hour ago, Big Bert said:

Not so bad, I have seen the queue going over the hill to white sands. I never use this ferry when I leave the Island, there is an alternative that somehow remains unknown from the Bangkok hordes.

Edited by Boomer6969

On 6/28/2022 at 11:33 PM, sumongkhwai said:

Biggest problem from US is availability of flights. When my wife flew out on 6/14 the cheapest tickect was through Doha of all places and $US1,500 (R/T) which would have been 30 hours. Went with Philippines Air at $US2,300 (R/T). I fly out out August on Philippines at $US1,500 (R/T) When we flew in February it was $US800 (R/T) on ANA/United. Just like everything else, the prices have doubled.

The price at present are based on the large initial to fly now. I am getting quotes for the end of November at  £624 or $755 Via Skyscanner from London return. Just wait and avoid the stampede. If the Ukraine war ends watch the price drop.

Edited by William C F Pierce

On 7/2/2022 at 2:46 PM, Boomer6969 said:

Not so bad, I have seen the queue going over the hill to white sands. I never use this ferry when I leave the Island, there is an alternative that somehow remains unknown from the Bangkok hordes.

So whats the alternative for driving your car

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I got a flight from Bangkok to London for about 12 000 Baht last February with Qatar airways and that was the general price for all airlines , looking at the prices today and the same flight is 33 000 Baht

There was a world pandemic then!

On 7/2/2022 at 9:46 AM, Boomer6969 said:

That was to get on the island not off it.

• 4 weeks later...