Welcome to life in Thailand after the pandemic

webfact

8 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

If it is true that masks keep you from spreading covid but not from catching covid, then the logic seems to be if you have covid wear a mask when out and about so you don't spread it. 

The other logic would appear to be if you have Covid you shouldn't be out and about anyway!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Can you explain, please, why it is that so many hundreds of millions around the world have gone without masks for months, whereas in Thailand and elsewhere in Asia where those who are in, let's say, less free-thinking countries continue to do so? Why is there a greater chance of catching Covid in Thailand than elsewhere in the world? I look forward to your answer.

I’m sure many Thai people like Chinese and Vietnam people were wearing masks when in city’s long before Covid and SARS, it was because of traffic fumes that they wear them. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, GaWalker said:

I’m sure many Thai people like Chinese and Vietnam people were wearing masks when in city’s long before Covid and SARS, it was because of traffic fumes that they wear them. 

I agree, But air pollution isn't restricted to Asia, so there's more to it than that.

11 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

I suffer from asthma but wearing a mask has never bothered me. For the time being I'll continue to wear one outside the home. Not to do so will offend a lot of Thais and it is, after all, their country. 

Why should it offend them tho?  as its not a mandate anymore.    everyone is free to choose so they shoudnt be offended, same as I'm not offended that they're carrying on wearing them.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ianwheldale said:

If you can put  FF helmet over a surgical mask without it pulling the mask off then your helmet is a lousy fit and next to useless.

It's possible that your both talking different helmets--if your wearing a full face helmet (and everyone should be IMO) then yer--I find it difficult to wear anything else with it. My mask is around my neck for when I take it off.

15 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So, nothing has changed then. You don't have to wear a mask outdoors, a demand that was never, ever enforced anywhere by anyone. Otherwise, it's as usual, with any business free to demand you wear a mask or no entry.

Au contraire Sir.  Last year when we were in Thailand, my wife made me put a mask on every time we were out and about! ????

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FarAway said:

I was going maskless in Thailand since months ????

Even in airports my Thai gf and me were maskless and no one dared to approach us?

I just hoped that right now other people would drop them as well, so our daughter does not need to see masked zombies anymore. But sadly that is still the case. Shame on sheeples.

'no one dared to approach you'

LOL

You have a high opinion of yourself ..Next time you go to a hospital  you will wear a mask and hopefully during this latest pandemic people like you will be denied access to shared enclosed  spaces until you stop following anti science right wing propaganda.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Au contraire Sir.  Last year when we were in Thailand, my wife made me put a mask on every time we were out and about! ????

I just just knew a couple of anti  mask thickies- crim brits - 555 now they  moan about  long covid.

Every educated person I knew took  a few hours of reading to understand  the issues. Being educated they saw  through the YT and FB nutters propaganda.

It's always  'the tough guys' who 'feel too uncomfortable' to wear a mask. It's pathetic

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i follow the news in few countries, and the pandemic is still here. some countries

reversed many covid laws and considering new lockdowns, following the mask removal.

We will all be back to wearing masks again soon. Lots are wearing them in France now. Infections rising daily and queues outside test centers. It will be worse after the summer holidays I suppose. Health authorities advising the 4th dose for the over 60s already. 

20 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

I wear two hearing aids, eye glasses, a mask, and a full-face motorcycle helmet every day.

Oddly enough, I have not found any difficulties doing so.

It's really NOT rocket science.

I thought modern day heading aids were fully in-ear. And I seem to get a mask on while wearing sun glasses OK..... The odd tangle removing it. I don't use  a full face helmet, a bit too hot here. 

3 hours ago, geisha said:

We will all be back to wearing masks again soon. Lots are wearing them in France now. Infections rising daily and queues outside test centers. It will be worse after the summer holidays I suppose. Health authorities advising the 4th dose for the over 60s already. 

Who "we all" and how come "again"? I have not really been wearing them that much during the whole pandemic. It really seems some people think we will forever be wearing masks that contribute significantly also to the global environmental problem.

Go and find something new to worry about instead of something akin to a flu.

Edited by rabang
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 1:54 PM, emeraldruby said:

I just just knew a couple of anti  mask thickies- crim brits - 555 now they  moan about  long covid.

Every educated person I knew took  a few hours of reading to understand  the issues. Being educated they saw  through the YT and FB nutters propaganda.

It's always  'the tough guys' who 'feel too uncomfortable' to wear a mask. It's pathetic

??

On 6/30/2022 at 7:12 PM, jacko45k said:

I thought modern day heading aids were fully in-ear. And I seem to get a mask on while wearing sun glasses OK..... The odd tangle removing it. I don't use  a full face helmet, a bit too hot here. 

No, not all.  The hearing aids I was given hang over the back of my ear, with a wire / tube that goes over the top and into the ear canal. 

Gets tangled up with my glasses when I take them off and I have to put the hearing aid back on.  Even worse tanglement with the mask.   These are not cheap hearing aids either.  $2500.00 each!

Edited by radiochaser

On 6/30/2022 at 8:12 AM, jacko45k said:

For the odd cases, as happened to me only yesterday, you do get pulled over. Yes the policeman was masked.....  The helmet makes getting one on difficult. 

Police should no longer be wearing masks outdoors as govt mandate that this practice not required now. No wonder Thais keep on wearing them if they see police not setting an example by continuing to wear masks outdoors. Suppose it’s a personal choice now and police are Thais after all so have that option too. So they will be wearing masks for ever unless ordered not to . … just like all Thais. Never be rid of the things here then…..????

Edited by TropicalGuy

On 6/30/2022 at 1:16 PM, Thingamabob said:

I suffer from asthma but wearing a mask has never bothered me. For the time being I'll continue to wear one outside the home. Not to do so will offend a lot of Thais and it is, after all, their country. 

Right, even though Thai govt has revoked the outdoor masking law. 

On 6/30/2022 at 12:22 PM, IAMHERE said:

If it is true that masks keep you from spreading covid but not from catching covid, then the logic seems to be if you have covid wear a mask when out and about so you don't spread it. 

Most of the school teachers at my sons school have caught covid wearing masks, kids wearing them as well, supermarket workers have been catching covid standing behind petitions and wearing masks, people in rest homes and hospitals are still catching covid, wearing masks, I have an exemption and have had Omicron once 2 months ago, I have not been reinfected yet, meanwhile the school gave up and scrapped masks, people around the town are hardly bothering to wear them now, and no one seems to be worried or complaining about getting sick from the new variant, hopefully it'll stay that way. 

2 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

Most of the school teachers at my sons school have caught covid wearing masks

So have all the nurses and doctors at the hospital also caught Covid from masks....

Dear me, the things some people say!

On 7/1/2022 at 12:39 AM, FarAway said:

Even in airports my Thai gf and me were maskless and no one dared to approach us?

I just hoped that right now other people would drop them as well, so our daughter does not need to see masked zombies anymore. But sadly that is still the case. Shame on sheeples.

If you know what the rules are, and that the rules do have some positive impact on reducing transmission, yet you still break them....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So many folks vax'd (1-2-3-4X) & masked up, and yet ... 

... you can't blame everything on us un-vax'd, or unmasked walking around by ourselves with nobody within 50 meters.  Practicing social distancing and remaining uninfected.

It's a bug, you can't stop it, and the vaccines (new definition of) isn't made to.  Just helps fight it ... ????

I think we need to lock down the country again, and allow unrestricted visits (no vax / test) to Phuket.   Itching to get back down there if beaches are empty again ... ME ME ME ????

On 6/30/2022 at 6:51 AM, blazes said:

It really is not possible to comment on the sheer monumental madness this kind of observation conjures up.

it is also completely unnecessary to comment. if people voluntarily continue to wear masks, where is the harm in that. Mask wearing is not a libertarian or politically charge issue. it is a simple matter of preference.

On 7/1/2022 at 12:39 AM, FarAway said:

I just hoped that right now other people would drop them as well, so our daughter does not need to see masked  anymore. But sadly that is still the case.

I suppose we should all be grateful you arent opposed to wearing pants in public.

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comments removed

Answer to why people in Thailand wear masks, well if you are in Bangkok on a bad air day, or in

Chiang Mai, a mask is always a good idea. Other parts of the world where COVID cases are on the rise, well

DUH is all I can say for the idiots who are maskless in a crowd. I will not go to the USA until less than 100 are

getting sick per day from COVID, so that will be at least 2 to 3 more years. With all the mass shootings tho, I do not have any desires to 

be any closer to them than I am at present.