Following Bangkok Bank’s app crash, TTB and SCB apps fail too

webfact

image.jpeg

Siam Commercial Bank’s (SCB) mobile banking app became the next to crash today (Friday), following the Bangkok Bank and TMBThanachart Bank’s (TTB) mobile banking systems, which went down yesterday, on the day salaries are transferred to their customers’ accounts, prompting outrage among Thai Twitter users.

Many users were further frustrated when SCB’s mobile app also failed this morning, along with a message reading “Service is not available at the moment, please try again later”, top-trending Thai hashtag “SCB is down” on Twitter.

One prominent Thai Twitter user “Kaewmala” tweeted what translates as “Thai mobile banking apps at the end of the month, and people are suffering”, along with a screengrab of the trending hashtags, including “SCB is down”, “Bangkok (Bank) is down”, and “TTB is down”, showing that the mobile apps of three major banks have crashed all at once.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/following-bangkok-banks-app-crash-ttb-and-scb-apps-fail-too/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-07-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

5 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Hopefully cash will still be around for a long time to come as a back-up! 

Think of it as the direct payments to employees that did not work.  Companies do not pay in cash to their employees for the most part.  Even as an employer for my housekeeper, I transfer her the funds.  If she can not access them then it is a problem.

6 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

I haven't been able to login to the Bangkok bank app for about 24 hours now.

All I get is this page. And according to Facebook I'm not alone.

Screenshot_25650701_110646.jpg

No problem here, just checked

bbl.thumb.jpg.8952bc2f6131f21d6ddd09ac0eb7731b.jpg

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Today is supposedly a bank holiday, so who knows what's going on.

Got my Social Security deposited to my Bangkok Bank account at 9:30 am this morning. Such an early deposit never  happens. Usually, at best, it's late in the afternoon or a business day after SS is transferred out in the US. I was expecting to need and wait until Monday for the deposit. So, something strange is going on today. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

No idea why it works for some.

Bangkok Bank, 12:25 in Pattaya. DTAC mobile.

Screenshot_20220701-122502_BualuangM-01.jpeg

Are you running a VPN on either your computer or Cellular?  I have to disable mine sometimes for the apps in Thailand to work just like when doing my 90 day online report.

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Are you running a VPN on either your computer or Cellular?  I have to disable mine sometimes for the apps in Thailand to work just like when doing my 90 day online report.

Online 90 day Report now works with VPN on.

6 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Online 90 day Report now works with VPN on.

Thats different, as when I tried last month when I did mine, my GF's and the housekeepers, it would not grant me access to the online site.  I have always had to turn off my VPN to access certain sites in Thailand.  Even some of my US banking apps require the VPN to be on while my access to the US Government websites refuse to give access as they have security in place that makes it seem like I am hacking into the site and I have to shut off the VPN.

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

No. Plain DTAC.

BTW: I could login via the desktop website for once.

Using desktop website on the mobile is not fun.

But too lazy to get out the notebook (not at home currently).

Edited by KhunBENQ

16 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thats different, as when I tried last month when I did mine, my GF's and the housekeepers, it would not grant me access to the online site.  I have always had to turn off my VPN to access certain sites in Thailand.  Even some of my US banking apps require the VPN to be on while my access to the US Government websites refuse to give access as they have security in place that makes it seem like I am hacking into the site and I have to shut off the VPN.

Previously I also could not connect to the 90 online website the with VPN on, but someone posted several weeks ago that they could now connect to the 90 day website with VPN on. About 4 weeks ago when my report was due, I tried with VPN on and was now able to connect and submit my 90 day report.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

What VPN are you using? I'm using NordVPN.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

Coincidentally I had problems getting an OTP for my UOB yesterday afternoon on 2 occasions. First time OTPs came several minutes after request, second time requested 3 OTPs which never came, and then gave up until 9 pm. System obviously not that robust on a day that it needs to be.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

No. Plain DTAC.

BTW: I could login via the desktop website for once.

Using desktop website on the mobile is not fun.

But too lazy to get out the notebook (not at home currently).

Thanks, I will give it a try this next time.