Bangkok named No. 1 city in Southeast Asia; Phuket No. 1 island in inaugural ‘Asia’s Best Awards’

webfact

34 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Best drains, best hanging wires, best leaky roofs, best double charging , best ...........................

Obviously no room in the article for other winning 'Bests' 

They also are the Best in pointing you in the right direction to get what ever you want, for a great commission.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Best drains, best hanging wires, best leaky roofs, best double charging , best ...........................

Obviously no room in the article for other winning 'Bests' 

The idiots who write these glowing reports  have never lived long enough at these places to get beneath the skin of the 'superficial facades and smiles' of the hierarchy in the Land of Scams ( sorry "Smiles")!!!!????????????????????????????????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok has been named the No. 1 city in Southeast Asia

Well I never.

IMO nothing but a polluted "concrete jungle" !! I hated the city and only visited it in more recent pre-Covid-19 years when transferring from Thai Air Asia flights to neighboring countries at DMK.

Concrete above a street of Bangkok. #concretejungle #bangkok #thailand |  Thailand travel, Bangkok city, Thailand adventure

• Like 2

Chianga's is a lovely place to visit (do it every year sometimes more than once each year, lovely playing golf there ???????? ) and so far not had to endure the terrible burning pollution. As for Phuket I/we love living here, and as a permanent res I have little conflictive, annoying tourist contact to report. Its been a dream to be here during Covid (well, for the most part) with empty beaches, wildlife abounding, and life so slow, uncrowded, and quiet (terrible for the locals though which has been gut-wrenching to witness).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is pleased to report that Bangkok has been named the No. 1 city in Southeast Asia and Phuket the No. 1 island in Southeast Asia, in the inaugural ‘Asia’s Best Awards’ from Travel + Leisure Southeast Asia.

Laughable.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Travel + Leisure Southeast Asia said of Bangkok: “If warm smiles, spicy street food, and feeling the wind in your hair as you glide through the city on a motorbike or tuk-tuk are appealing, Bangkok certainly hits the mark.

Smiles are covered with masks, spicy street food is subjective depending on the vendor, feeling of wind on your face and smelling of cooking oil mixed with vapours from the sewers, polution covering your hair, whislt gliding through the the city as you're wiped off your motorcycle by a red light runner to avoid being ripped off by a Tuk-Tuk...

I agree Bangkok certainly hits the mark.

• Like 2

I have never understood the fascination of people with Phuket. it's the paradigm of an ugly, overcrowded and overdeveloped tourist trap. There are so many considerably more attractive and unspoiled island destinations in Thailand and the region where you don't pay through the nose for just about everything.

I even have a couple of secret destinations that I'd never share with anyone, lest I'd have to kill that person.

• Like 2

The best thing Thailand did was move the airport outside Bangkok so we didn't have to go there anymore to get to Pattaya....

Now that's it's #1 city in Southeast Asia I might have to re-think ???? 

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I know many seem to dislike it, but I agree with Bangkok the most diversified city I have ever been Bangkok is not just Nana only.

Much prefer it to fake Singapore. 

What's fake about Singapore