Thaksin warns of ‘Bangkok model’ in next elections, questions planned foreign land buying law being considered by Prayut

webfact

36 minutes ago, mikebell said:

He has/had THREE mansions in UK.  All Thai buyers of property in foreign lands should be treated in the same racist way as farangs in Thailand.

I don't agree.

This is a Thai problem, therefore any Thai buying land in a foreign country should lose their Thai citizenship ands all rights to land in Thailand.

That would make it reciprocal

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, baboon said:

I think UK land ownership should be on a quid pro quo basis with ANY country - we can't buy land there, you can't buy land here. Simple.

Of course it won't happen but it should.

You could easily - put it in the Free Trade deal

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, SatEng said:

I don't agree.

This is a Thai problem, therefore any Thai buying land in a foreign country should lose their Thai citizenship ands all rights to land in Thailand.

No this is the worst thing that could be done. I am delighted that in Thailand the rich elite through various practices steal from the middle and lower classes and then go overseas and give all that money to foreigners when they buy land. Thank you for the money Thailand. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jonclark said:

No this is the worst thing that could be done. I am delighted that in Thailand the rich elite through various practices steal from the middle and lower classes and then go overseas and give all that money to foreigners when they buy land. Thank you for the money Thailand. 

That money the rich elite are giving to foreigners is likely to be to Qatari or Russian foreigners, not the British state...

53 minutes ago, mikebell said:

He has/had THREE mansions in UK.  All Thai buyers of property in foreign lands should be treated in the same racist way as farangs in Thailand.

You really think that UK authorities want to risk accusations of racism towards Thais?   

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SatEng said:

I don't agree.

So ridiculous.  Countries cannot revoke their nationals' sole citizenship.

• Like 1

Thaksin warns of ‘Bangkok model’ in next elections, questions planned foreign land buying law being considered by Prayut

How much land in foreign countries does Thaksin own outside of Thailand.
I sense hypocracy rising to the surface.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, baboon said:

Wouldn't 40 million Baht buy you citizenship in a lot of places? And with citizenship, an automatic right to buy and own land?

As the 40 mil seems to be only tied up for 3 years you're not really spending it. You do get it back if you want to. However it's not clear if you can still keep the land ( you still have to pay for ) or have to sell it to a Thai.

Edited by overherebc

8 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Many ethnic groups emigrated to Siam from native southeast Asia, Southern China and North East India. Government policies during the 1930s and 40s resulted in successful force assimilation of the many various ethno-liquistic groups in the country into the dominant Thai people, language and culture. Same as in Malaysia, Indonesia and Philippines. You seem to take a historic shortcut to make your point.   

The Chinese man from Chinese immigrants is in the article in this thread, who is telling other immigrant foreigners, they shouldn't own any land, if it was a Malay/Thai saying the same thing, I would still question the immigrant in question

Please learn about 2000 years history of these lands, not 100 years,

Just for you

A Chinese immigrant whose family came to settle from China over the last 140 years, has spoken out in the above article and said 'other immigrant foreigners should not own land but lease land, not fair to poor people'

• Like 2

21 hours ago, webfact said:

“I would like to warn that the next elections could be like what happened in Bangkok,” Thaksin said in a late-night talk on Clubhouse.

Coming from one of the most corrupt PM's that's laughable.

He cheated Thailand out of billions.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You really think that UK authorities want to risk accusations of racism towards Thais?   

With WOKENESS sweeping the land UK is running scared and re-writing history to avoid the R word. I said 'should' because I think it's fair to do so.