Perpetual Non Immigration O Visas?

i enjoy traveling and i am wondering if it will be possible for me to just keep getting non immigration O visa one after another or if at some point they will reject me because i have not opened a thai bank account? although i can easily afford to toss 800K baht in a bank account in thailand, i cannot show 40K of monthly income. Also, I would rather just leave thailand and get a visa then have to go to the immigration office and deal with being interviewed and poked.

I assume you are married to a Thai and over age 50 from your providing the Immigration requirements of both provisions. You can presently go to Singapore with proof of 400k in any bank account anywhere and obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa (with normal marriage certificate/wife ID card and perhaps note from wife inviting you) which would cover 15 months of 90 day stays and there has not been any reports that such actions can not be continued. We have not seen any reports of consecutive non immigrant O visas being refused for those with normal proof.

Yep, agree with lop (as usual). I'm on non-o number 3, latest from Delhi, others form KL and Cardiff. I travel a lot and can't guarantee being around at renewal time for an annual extension, I just get a visa from the consulate nearest to where I happen to be working.

One note, my latest visa has been over stamped (hand written actually) "family visit / not for employment" this gives me no issues at present as I'm working offshore, may be a problem if the BTS / MRT stuff gets going and some local work materialises, we shall see.

Interesting to see the above replies.

I've posted previously about my "troubles" with local Imm and an extension based on family income as I'm married to a Thai. They want the 40k transferred into Thailand each month, which I can do, but would prefer to leave it back home.

The Imm Officer told me that when my multi-entry Non O had run its course (including the bonus 90 days), I'd be fine until Xmas time. Then just go to Penang and get a single entry Non O and do it three times, so taking me to approx mid September 2008. As I turn 50 mid August, I can apply for the retirement extension and not have to worry about transferring the 65k over here every month. "A letter from your Embassy (Brit), together with bank statements from back home will suffice".

I was dreading going to Penang a second time running for the Non O and being told "no". I'll sleep easier now and actually enjoy the trip to Ranong next week for my 90 day entry, particularly as we're heading on down south to see a friend in his bungalows afterwards.

I've posted previously about my "troubles" with local Imm and an extension based on family income as I'm married to a Thai. They want the 40k transferred into Thailand each month...

I remember reading that. Which Immigration office was it again? So that others living in the same area may be forewarned. (It is not generally handled that way by other Immigration offices, as far as I know)

--

Maestro

To clarify, and a question for lopburi?

I just moved here to Phuket. I have a non immigrant O visa based on our 6 mo. old Thai baby (not married, but getting the non O was easy, my name on birth certificate.) I don't want to deal with the multiple entry thing at all. Can I just keep going back to Penang (love the place) every 3 months and get non O's indefinitely?

As of this week you can now get Non 'O' multi entry from Penang. Copy of wife's ID card, marriage certificate and show 400K Baht in thai bank account.

This is what the British Consul in Pattaya told me to do, in case I had any problems getting a visa extension based on marriage.

That is the first report of Penang using the Singapore model that I have seen - I believe Penang was expected to allow multi entry non immigrant visas from reports of local agents informing people but it seems strange they would have missed that information. You are saying this is already the case? And you are sure it is Penang and not Singapore? If it is true Penang would be back to being the best choice for most people - as they were for many years.

That is the first report of Penang using the Singapore model that I have seen - I believe Penang was expected to allow multi entry non immigrant visas from reports of local agents informing people but it seems strange they would have missed that information. You are saying this is already the case? And you are sure it is Penang and not Singapore? If it is true Penang would be back to being the best choice for most people - as they were for many years.

I knew of Singapore before from reading this forum, but he definately stated Penang which as he said only started this week.

I knew of Singapore before from reading this forum, but he definately stated Penang which as he said only started this week.

The British Consuls tel number is 0817827363. He is also available at 1st restaurant in Pattaya Immigration (Jomtien) carpark from 0900 to 0930hrs Mon to Fri.

Maestro,

It was Hua Hin.

I don't want to run over old ground again and hijack this thread, but Immigration's attitude was disappointing, to say the least. I went there twice, the first time only with my passport and for a "chat" about what they wanted to see. The second time with my wife and bank statements going back 5 months from the UK, showing more than twice the necessary income. I didn't have The Embassy letter, but I saw no reason to travel up to BKK and pay the 2,500 Baht to get it if Imm here weren't going to consider my application anyway.

As I said, disappointing after 9 years here and being legally married to my wife for almost two years (she's been back to the UK - no problems there). For once, I actually thought I had a valid reason to stay here on an extension. I could have asked about it earlier - there just didn't seem to be much point as I've got a multi-entry non O, obtained from the UK when we were back there last year. Let that run it's course and then apply.

Anyway, roll on August 2008 when I can apply for the retirement extension. In the meantime - roughly Xmas to September 2008 - I'll just have to make that train journey to Penang. Eat great curries and wander about a bit. Havn't been there for about 7 years. Hope the price of beer at The Soho bar (if it still exists) hasn't gone up too much!!

As I said yesterday, it was a breath of fresh air to hear that I probably won't have a problem getting 3 single entry Non O's on the basis of marriage and take it from there. I'm determined to get the extension (it'll get a bit difficult living here without it). I've just got to wait a bit longer than I anticipated. I'm still considering going up to BKK and applying for the "marriage" extension there, but I'll get this journey to Ranong over and done with next week first (got to be out by the 1st July), then I'll think about it more.

Mai pen rai?

PS, Lopburi3. I havn't forgotten about the 1111 number you gave me. Havn't called yet, but will once this visa run is out of the way.