How are the bars, restaurants, agogos, massage shops, gentleman clubs and any business doing during now that covid restrictions are over?

The Hammer2021

5 minutes ago, jack71 said:

Its all getting back to normal days but you will hear the girls complaining that theres a lack of farang men. That is to say that there are more girls working than tourist men visiting. Actually its a good time to visit. 

I will never forget my visit to pattaya in the middle of the hard restrictions. Pattaya was like a ghost town. It was kind of spooky walking through some of the sois with all the closed bars and no lights on. Beach road was so dead. No cars driving down. First time I saw fisherman running a line into the water opposite the hilton there. Never thought I would see that. Thank god this chinese virus is nearly over. 

Yes. Good post. Its interesting that you saw Pattaya during its ghost town phase. Wow and that was your first  visit! Currently it's the quiet season but it's pretty busy. WS is busy at weekends.  Soi Buakhao is busy with the relatively new Treetown seeing a lot of action.

Many thais are coming here for weekends both families and young people especially  from Bangkok which I like but its not a demographic  that helps the expat bars Nor do the Indians but they do go clubbing  and also have their own clubs and restaurants.

One change in Pattaya is  several new expat food shops  have opened  during covid and they are thriving.

The real busy season is November to February so we have to wait till then to see how much Pattaya  has recovered though it differs area to area. Pratumnak soi 5 has been busy with a new small G bar The Cobra and the ever energetic Berney  Music Lounge

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

G bar The Cobra

Do they have looms on site?

Good pool table in here.

Also good happy hour.

12 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yes. Good post. Its interesting that you saw Pattaya during its ghost town phase. Wow and that was your first  visit! Currently it's the quiet season but it's pretty busy. WS is busy at weekends.  Soi Buakhao is busy with the relatively new Treetown seeing a lot of action.

Many thais are coming here for weekends both families and young people especially  from Bangkok which I like but its not a demographic  that helps the expat bars Nor do the Indians but they do go clubbing  and also have their own clubs and restaurants.

One change in Pattaya is  several new expat food shops  have opened  during covid and they are thriving.

The real busy season is November to February so we have to wait till then to see how much Pattaya  has recovered though it differs area to area. Pratumnak soi 5 has been busy with a new small G bar The Cobra and the ever energetic Berney  Music Lounge

Where are the new expat shops, are they any good and what are they called. Always looking for new places get most of my stuff from Siambury's now.

1 hour ago, peterfranks said:

July and August has never been low season

So when do you think low season is?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

July and August have always been low season going back over 50 years.

Why are you telling me this?

23 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

July and August have always been low season going back over 50 years.

July and August have never been low season.

July many Western Europeans tend to come, because that is when their working holidays are, while the same applies to Southern Europeans in August.

Low season is March > June, with a slight recovery during Songkran, and September > November

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brommers said:

The simple fact is that even though our bar is allowed to open it is not allowed to run at more than 40% capacity due to restrictions on number of customers, standing customers, social distancing. Add to this the costs of testing serving staff and all the higher costs, even the cops want more tea money, it is not possible to do more than cover our costs. So yes we are back in business but no it is not viable in the medium term. We can last a few more months but unless the capacity restrictions are lifted we will eventually close permanently 

Is this in Pattaya- I know of no bars operating under the conditions  you outline.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

July many Western Europeans tend to come, because that is when their working holidays are, while the same applies to Southern Europeans in August.

Low season is March > June, with a slight recovery during Songkran, and September > November

No. The April Songkran brings in thousands. But genreally the low/ high season  is determined  by the weather.  People come here in the cool season. November to February/March.

34 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

I always think of July and August the hot and humid months as low season irrelevant  to long school holidays in England.

• Like 1

The TQ's still rockin' along and even made some improvements. Better lineup, sound system upgrade, and Mexican food in partnership with 3Bz Burritoz.

Only crowded during the parties, but it nonetheless survives on a limited but steady stream of patrons and some regular Big Spenders.

http://tahitianqueen.com/

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BigStar said:

The TQ's still rockin' along and even made some improvements. Better lineup, sound system upgrade, and Mexican food in partnership with 3Bz Burritoz.

Only crowded during the parties, but it nonetheless survives on a limited but steady stream of patrons and some regular Big Spenders.

http://tahitianqueen.com/

Yes thats good to hear. It has an odd customer base. It's the only day drinker go go bar. It plays decent rock  music. It has a biker base and the girls  wear  bikinis. So its a bit unusual. It was getting busy even before dancing was allowed!

6 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Do they have looms on site?

Good pool table in here.

Also good happy hour.

I don't think they have rooms but I'm not sure. It has girls, a popular well maintained  pool table, an outside drinking and smoking area, good service, inexpensive  drinks but the music, though  better than many bars needs fine tuning

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I 100% agree with you, there are a couple YouTube bar owners who are doing a great job of trying to talk Pattaya up bearing in mind the majority of their audience are not currently here. One couldn’t believe why no one was coming back, his expectations once the restrictions were dropped tourists would be flocking back. I think he thought tourists had a mattress full of money and couldn’t wait to jump on a plane.

Pre Covid  and several years prior tourist numbers were depleting, the ones who frequent the entertainment businesses, the poor exchange rate, prices going up and other destinations to choose from. We have seen the demolition of Made in Thailand but new but not as many new places on Soi Pothole and Treetown. Another YouTuber is always talking Soi 7 up, he has 3 bars there constantly parading up down showing the 1 or 2 bars reopening. Yes great but they need customers, he said I hope so. 
I am the eternal pessimist, I just can’t see droves of tourists returning in the near future if ever, I would hate to see businesses going bust but there are too many entertainment venues and not all will survive.

There are too many awful bars with bad music and obsession with TV screens showing sport. Why should every bar be a sports bar? Who chooses the soulless American EDM and UDM which constantly plays too loud with out reference to room dynamics? We need to lose quite  a few bars or they  need to change.

Edited by The Hammer2021
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One major change  here is widespread  selling of dope and the smoking of dope in bars and the establishment of cannabis cafes. Its quite extraordinary to witness

• Like 1