Solar - 8kW Hybrid Inverter w/10kWh (upgraded to 20kWh in Sept. 2022) ESS/battery (not DIY)

23 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Possibly my last ฿100+ bill from PEA:  18 units = ฿103.73

28/39 units for Sept/Aug.  Solar installed 4 August

Meter readings 26-27-28th, digital meter since 19 August

August - test test test, conservative to 8 days feed in to grid

image.png.2a4b4e0d284181eb7109c92b2f7a8f88.png

September, more normalized use

image.png.a937f462d7e2520c9e94c5108bf61288.png

October 3rd, second 10kW ESS added for ttl: 20kW of ESS

image.png.08444f868775722f6fe4ed2f415478c4.png

Pick up MG ZS EV tomorrow, nothing life changing expected ????

Just few 1000 extra baht in the pocket every month.

image.png.0e585f05a5c799db9dff7c03ab2e6297.png

Got to love a system that works ... ????

Wife just tried to pay PEA bill with a bank transfer ...

... NO can do, or shall I correctly say NO NEED to do ????

Per PEA policy, only use a few units a month and it's FREE ????

Our 3rd month (28-39-18 units) ...

"All electricity users type 1.1.1 who use no more than 50 units of electricity per month. Still entitled to free electricity bill up to the electricity bill for December 2015 and from the electricity bill for January 2016 onwards, electricity users type 1.1.1 who are entitled to free electricity Must not be a juristic person and use no more than 50 units of electricity per month. consecutively for a period of not less than 3 months up to the current month "

I could actually top up the car every month, on the grid, and it would be free.  Our local energy comes from natural gas & solar, I think, as gas is just a few kms from house, maybe 2kms, and 2 solar farms not really far away, but doubt if serving our area.

Now our largest 'non food' bill is water.  Averaging about 4-500 a month ????

For all that free food ????

Save rain water for drinking 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

"All electricity users type 1.1.1 who use no more than 50 units of electricity per month. Still entitled to free electricity bill up to the electricity bill for December 2015 and from the electricity bill for January 2016 onwards, electricity users type 1.1.1 who are entitled to free electricity Must not be a juristic person and use no more than 50 units of electricity per month. consecutively for a period of not less than 3 months up to the current month "

That is weird, I thought that only applies to meters 5/15A and not above but hey TiT ????

as this is listed in the text

1. Customer, who has installed meter up to 5 Amp., 220 V., 1 Phase, 2 Wires, is classified under 1.1.1. If the customer consumes over 150 kWh for 3 consecutive months, he/she will be reclassified under 1.1.2 in the following month. When the
customer does not consume over 150 kWh for 3 consecutive months, he/she will be reclassified under 1.1.1 in the following month.

2. Customer, who has installed meter over 5 Amp., 220 V., 1 Phase, 2 Wires, is classified under 1.1.2.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MJCM said:

That is weird, I thought that only applies to meters 5/15A and not above but hey TiT ????

as this is listed in the text

It's a digital meter, so possibly regulates the draw, and if not going over 15A, it doesn't rate it as such.  Because I'm pretty certain, we have 30A service available, as questioned (why you have / need 30A ?) about it a few times, when all 3 meters installed, temp/temp (3ph)/digital.  Seemed surprised a residence, especially small house (120m²) would want/need.

Possibly not drawn enough to need, register on the meter as 30A.  She tried scan/transfer, not an in person payment, so not an rep error.

• Like 1

Think it is safe to say, we are out of playing conservative with the solar system.

August with few excepts, around 12-15kW a day.

September saw that breaking 18-20kW a day

October was 20+ a day, increasing later on.

Now looks like we be around 30kW a day moving forward, and it's not even hot temps yet.

Last night & this morning was damn chilly, 21°C / 69.8°F, yea, that's embarrassing.

At 30kW a day X 30 days = 900 a month = ฿5000 (PEA bill)

ROI, without additional use, about 7.5 yrs ????

image.png.33e7ae1f3c6d142ad950f685b815f6b7.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Think it is safe to say, we are out of playing conservative with the solar system.

August with few excepts, around 12-15kW a day.

September saw that breaking 18-20kW a day

October was 20+ a day, increasing later on.

Now looks like we be around 30kW a day moving forward, and it's not even hot temps yet.

Last night & this morning was damn chilly, 21°C / 69.8°F, yea, that's embarrassing.

At 30kW a day X 30 days = 900 a month = ฿5000 (PEA bill)

ROI, without additional use, about 7.5 yrs ????

image.png.33e7ae1f3c6d142ad950f685b815f6b7.png

Out of interest what was your actual maximiun generated kW reading ie highest instantaneous reading of kWs. Just wanted to know your relationship between max gen kWs and installed kWs.

• 2 weeks later...

How much solar does our empty house use ?

Not much; 2 frigs & 1 light on, 24 hours.

Averages using just shy of 205 watts an hour.

The extra 0.3 kWh is for the inverter, so 300 watts over 24 hrs for the inverter

21NovEmptyHouse.jpg

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Watch your Electricity Bill next month with a prospective increase (not 100% sure yet) of around 2 THB per UNIT so to around 5-6 THB per UNIT.

Where did you hear that?

We've had a significant increase already in September this year.

54 minutes ago, Encid said:

Where did you hear that?

We've had a significant increase already in September this year.

On here of course ????

That was the Increase in FT you experienced, It is going to increase even more that Ft surcharge (could be up to 2 THB per Unit) More details in the posts below (1st one is the original topic 2nd one more detailed)

Edited by MJCM

46 minutes ago, MJCM said:

What I wrote in that topic below was this

(This link has all the details)
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/service-fees-for-household-and-small-business-electricity-use-to-be-cut-jan-apr/

to read about it, because the AN post (which I linked to above) writes about the decrease in service charge but NOT about what is going to hurt and that is the massive increase in Ft (per UNIT) (which could be as much as 2 THB PER UNIT)

Here's the not so 'fine print' ...

"In the first scenario, the FT rate for the January-April period will be 224.98 satang per unit, so that the Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) will be able to recover its losses, incurred from its subsidy of electricity price, amounting to about 81 billion baht, in one year. This means the price of electricity will be increased to 6.03 baht per unit.

In the second scenario, the FT will be 191.64 satang, so EGAT will be able to recover its losses, incurred from its subsidy of electricity price, in two years. This will bring the price of electricity rate to 5.70 baht per unit.

Under the third scenario, the price of electricity will be 5.37 baht per unit."

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/service-fees-for-household-and-small-business-electricity-use-to-be-cut-jan-apr/

• Like 1

so now is it possible to send back to the grid the overproduction? some years ago' for small producers where denied to do that if I don't get wrong, it was necessary a grid tie inverter. is there a way to sell the overproduction as I do in Europe?