1,400฿ watch bands?

ilikethai

I wouldnt but I never buy from anyone other than the authorised outlets. Having said that 1400 baht is not a lot for a watch strap. Go to some of the high end watch manufacturers and you will pay several hundred USD for one. Having said that they are of very high quality.

Edited by Photoguy21

7 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

I wouldnt but I never buy from anyone other than the authorised outlets. Having said that 1400 baht is not a lot for a watch strap. Go to some of the high end watch manufacturers and you will pay several hundred USD for one. Having said that they are of very high quality.

definitely I got scammed

Looks like the OP is sneaking pics of his watch while she's still asleep in bed?

I paid about 1400 baht for a pair ( 2 bands, 4-pieces) of fake MIDO branded, stitched leather watchbands with black anodized clasps on lazada that took 8 days to come from China. They are way, way better quality than the $78 (each) original ones from Switzerland that only lasted about 14 months.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

I guess that depends what the watch is.

I’ve spent on replacement straps for a Frank Muller and a Panerai in the past... those straps were not cheap. 

I now have a UAG strap for my Apple Watch... that strap was about 2000 baht... 

I don’t want a 25,000 baht watch falling off because the strap is rubbish (and I don’t like the Apple straps).

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I guess that depends what the watch is.

I’ve spent on replacement straps for a Frank Muller and a Panerai in the past... those straps were not cheap. 

I now have a UAG strap for my Apple Watch... that strap was about 2000 baht... 

I don’t want a 25,000 baht watch falling off because the strap is rubbish (and I don’t like the Apple straps).

Frank Muller is a prestigious brand as is JLC and F.P. Journe. You cant expect anything for a few baht from them

On 8/16/2022 at 6:40 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Why did you buy it?

Here are some alternatives:

WatchBand.png.64ef1aba89b03d737ad07a0615de5042.png

Central Udon basement food court next to the money exchanger, it's the only one there.  It's a lesbian gentleman, very very pushy and slay.  It's one of those guys that don't want you to walk away emptied handed but will make you lose a fortune. ????

12 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Depends on the quality of the strap. Try a brand like JLC who charge around 18,000 baht for a strap be top quality.

I'm an amateur novice (but quite stupid sometimes) ???? watch collector and I pretty much know about the price to quality ratio.  The one I got for 700 baht was just 1 strap/band (top and bottom, pair) with no brand name or where it's made.  I have a feeling most of the seller's straps are from neighbor countries, and made in China with fake "made in Italy".  Most of them are plastic leathers but the seller kept swearing they were "nung thair" real leather.  The seller kept saying "thowt mon bop"  lying is a sin. He was so good at the act and that if I'd walk away he'd come up with some intimidating scraps like what happended to me years ago in Udon watch store next to the Udon bus station, yes another warch store!!! ????????????

• Like 1

I've bought maybe five bands in Thailand.  3 absolutely junk.  Cheap, but looked good.  Worked for a few months and then looked cheap, two broke.   I learned, never again.  But cheap, so something to do.   

Got lucky on my last watch purchase, came with three authentic straps, high quality, now I'm set.  It's amazing how much better quality they are, I guess I've been in Thailand so long I forgot and got used to all the garbage.

A strap under 1000 baht will likely be garbage.   Chinese garbage.  I guess I do still wear one cheap strap I got, but it's on a watch that's not in my top 6.  

lesson learned:  only buy a watch strap from a reputable place, probably only found in BKK and probably overpriced in Thailand.  Order from Amazon if you can. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2022 at 7:13 PM, richard_smith237 said:

I don’t want a 25,000 baht watch falling off because the strap is rubbish

I have a NATO strap that I haven't experimented with, but I think it's designed so the watch won't fall off.   25,000 is at the cusp of NATO might work or might not........and no, I'm not selling mine. lol.    it came with a watch around 35,000 but it's a fun diver watch.  

• Thanks 1