Any Nursing Home recommendations ….close to the city if possible…

mikey88

Hi…would anyone with the experience care to assist.

I’m looking for nursing home recommendations  that will provide some for medical needs (not just a retirement home) for a friend..

Closer to the city (Chang Phueak) would be preferable….if that’s at all possible.

Some idea of charges would be very helpful…

Thanks..

Hard to reply without knowing more about the patient.   Chiangmai Nurse in Ruam Choke that seemed to do a good job with a farang stroke victim I was helping.  They spoke a little English and he spoke Thai.

My Thai FIL, coherent and semi-ambulatory, was there for a year before he finally died after his body just gave up.

I saw a Eastsern European who suffered a massive brain injury in there for 2 years until he recovered consciousness (after a fashion) and the family took him somewhere else.  There was no need to talk to him.

Chiangmai Nurse's fees are in the 25K baht range depending upon the amount of care needed.  

Hi. I looked into this issue a bit a while back, before my mum passed away. Here is one item I wrote, with a couple more in my blog. Anyway, with any luck there might be something useful there

https://www.aust-thai.com/blog/uncategorized/government-to-further-impinge-on-the-rights-of-pensioners-to-travel-or-live-overseas/

8 hours ago, chiangmaibruce said:

Hi. I looked into this issue a bit a while back, before my mum passed away. Here is one item I wrote, with a couple more in my blog. Anyway, with any luck there might be something useful there

https://www.aust-thai.com/blog/uncategorized/government-to-further-impinge-on-the-rights-of-pensioners-to-travel-or-live-overseas/

Greatly appreciated ….I thank you.

13 hours ago, cnx1204 said:

Hard to reply without knowing more about the patient.   Chiangmai Nurse in Ruam Choke that seemed to do a good job with a farang stroke victim I was helping.  They spoke a little English and he spoke Thai.

My Thai FIL, coherent and semi-ambulatory, was there for a year before he finally died after his body just gave up.

I saw a Eastsern European who suffered a massive brain injury in there for 2 years until he recovered consciousness (after a fashion) and the family took him somewhere else.  There was no need to talk to him.

Chiangmai Nurse's fees are in the 25K baht range depending upon the amount of care needed.  

Thank you very much…..greatly appreciated…the person is about 68…..diabetes and kidney disease are the issues. Walking with a walker..

13 hours ago, cnx1204 said:

Thanks…big help….To get admitted does one need one’s own doctor ta do the admission…..or do doctors at the home organise things…

12 hours ago, mikey88 said:

Thanks…big help….To get admitted does one need one’s own doctor ta do the admission…..or do doctors at the home organise things…

Home's doctors can take care of admission.   A neurologist owns it and has a clinic there.  They provide ambulance service to and from any doctor's office or hospital, so if under care of a doc at Sri Pat, for example, they will provide the transportation to and from (at a reasonable cost).    Nurses and LPNs on duty, trained health care aides also there.