Exchange Thai Bahts Into Korean Won

pete_r

I will need to exchange a relatively large amount of Bahts into Korean Wons soon and would like to know what's the best way to go about it: Bring THB to Korea, or buy KRW in Thailand? Or buy USD or EUR in Thailand and change them to KRW in Korea?

Thanks for any advice,

The only place I've even seen in Korea that will exchange THB is one exchange booth at the airport and they give an absolutely horrible rate - you'll lose way more than 10% based on the last time I checked. Likewise in Thailand I've never seen a place that will give you a good rate on exchanging THB into KRW. You're best off changing to USD in Thailand and then changing into KRW when you get to Korea. I do the same thing all the time except in reverse and always use USD as the intermediate currency as it gets the best rate on both ends.

The only place I've even seen in Korea that will exchange THB is one exchange booth at the airport and they give an absolutely horrible rate - you'll lose way more than 10% based on the last time I checked. Likewise in Thailand I've never seen a place that will give you a good rate on exchanging THB into KRW. You're best off changing to USD in Thailand and then changing into KRW when you get to Korea. I do the same thing all the time except in reverse and always use USD as the intermediate currency as it gets the best rate on both ends.

Diff. the best solution: (Soju is the drink of the day)

I will need to exchange a relatively large amount of Bahts into Korean Wons soon and would like to know what's the best way to go about it: Bring THB to Korea, or buy KRW in Thailand? Or buy USD or EUR in Thailand and change them to KRW in Korea?

Thanks for any advice,

I do Seoul to Bangkok and back to Seoul on a fairly regular basis and always travel with US dollars. As Soju stated it is difficult to exchange Baht in Korea. The $ exchange rate is better on each end.

I recommend avoiding the soju...it can impair your health and judgement!! :o