Alleged beach chair “mafia” threatens speedboat operators for reportedly stealing customers

snoop1130

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pongsakorn told police he was a speedboat operator in Pattaya, and his rival was a beach chair vendor. Earlier this week, the suspect allegedly walked up to his friend, Supawit Nongyai, 20, and handed him a bullet, saying “Give it to your friend,” which he meant Pongsakorn.

World renowned family friendly Pattaya.. bring your kids.

• Haha 1

It's a country of gangs.  Half a dozen families control price fixing across a variety of areas.  There is a Mafia of taxi drivers in each town; a BIB mafia in charge of protection/gambling/prostitution; the Army Mafia chopping and changing the Governments. Any attacks on members of the public (especially farangs) require a gang of seven minimum.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Beach chair operator , how can a speedboat operator be stealing his customers 

2 different services , Thai logic at play here I think, 

regards worgeordie 

Presumably it's one of the speedboats taking customers to Koh Larn .. beaches used to be quite busy there but I haven't been recently.

13 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Beach chair operator , how can a speedboat operator be stealing his customers 

2 different services , Thai logic at play here I think, 

The speedboat operator could encourage tourists to use his services instead of those of the beach chair operator.  You cannot sit in a beach chair and a speed boat at the same time.  After taking a trip on the speedboat, tourists might also choose to head back to their hotel, whereas if they had sat on a beach chair, they might have spent most of the day there.

I think it behaves like this:

The beach chair rental Thai Guy  cooperates with a speedboat provider!

The beach chair provider promotes "HIS" speedboat for HIS guests, and gets commission!

Fetches now another speedboat at "HIS" beach section guests, so he misses his commission!

So ergo: Other speedboat "steals" guests!

Thai Logic!