Phuket taxi drivers are revolting – protesting at Phuket provincial office

snoop1130

I suggest every taxi should have a transmitter installed which records if the meter is on or off, how many people are in the taxi, the location, etc. Technically that should be easy.

And then compare how often that meter is on when passengers are in the taxi.

Honest taxi drivers should be happy to support this... 

• Thanks 2

if these guys are "legally" registered, have proper passengers insurance  and pay taxes on their income, then have to agree with them and fine all the "illegal" ones that have no insurance to carry passengers and not paying any tax... police knows who they are but (again the brown envelopes) turn the other way when seeing them "illegally" picking up people

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

if these guys are "legally" registered, have proper passengers insurance  and pay taxes on their income, then have to agree with them and fine all the "illegal" ones that have no insurance to carry passengers and not paying any tax... police knows who they are but (again the brown envelopes) turn the other way when seeing them "illegally" picking up people

yes, but only if they are using the meter

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Big Bert said:

In over 20 years of living here I have never visited Phuket nor do I have any plans to visit.
People bitch on about Pattaya but this revolting taxi scams seal it for me.

Yet, Pattaya taxi-meters are not any better!

Edited by LosLobo

Maybe, maybe if you lot didn't extort and price gouge folks at rates truly obscene and unknown in other parts of LOS you wouldn't have had the rise of Grab etc. People would be and have been happy to use your brightly coloured cars all the day long. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2023 at 8:27 PM, Big Bert said:

In over 20 years of living here I have never visited Phuket nor do I have any plans to visit.
People bitch on about Pattaya but this revolting taxi scams seal it for me.

Shame to miss out just because of the taxis. It’s not my fav place, but bringing Pattaya into the topic lol. 
But yes, the Phuket taxi mafia are pondlife. I wish them all the bad luck in the world. 

• Like 1