Poll - Expanding the scope of the Alternative Energy forum - Or just leave well alone?

Thoughts on expanding the scope of the Alternative Energy forum to include Off-Grid Living?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A number of members have expanded their solar posts to include things like rainwater harvesting.

I wonder if we should expand the forum scope somewhat. I'd like to keep to the "techy" side of things, keeping chooks and growing food is well served in the Farming forums.

So, your thoughts and ideas are welcomed, the poll headings are really just ideas rather than a fixed list of options.

Please go ahead and add your own thoughts.

Or tell me I'm an idiot and not to mess with something that's not busted :whistling:

@Crossy
I voted "No Opinion" but I will chime in to say that I believe there is enough interest in these subjects to warrant a separate sub-forum.  I'd just go the Nike route and say, "Just Do It!"

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, phetphet said:

"Rainwater harvesting. It's subsequent treatment and storage"

Might be better to create it's own thread. Start mixing things up and it become more difficult to find particular threads or posts.

Also part of this thread should be on Thailand Aquifers. I am sure that (even though there has been extensive exploration of aquifers in the past) most drillers have no idea of which aquifer they are drilling into, its capacity, how it is charged, recharge rate, etc. 

In our area they are laying water pipes in the villages and connecting them to the local bores. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 1:31 PM, phetphet said:

"Rainwater harvesting. It's subsequent treatment and storage"

Might be better to create it's own thread. Start mixing things up and it become more difficult to find particular threads or posts.

Topics like that could be pinned at the top of the forum so it doesn't get lost.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/5/2023 at 1:56 PM, carlyai said:

Also part of this thread should be on Thailand Aquifers. I am sure that (even though there has been extensive exploration of aquifers in the past) most drillers have no idea of which aquifer they are drilling into, its capacity, how it is charged, recharge rate, etc. 

That too sounds like it is well qualified to be another pinned topic.