Crow Boy

Crow Boy

Hi Guys,

just a message to say that I am ok. I was going to reply in the VHS topic but didn't want to be off topic <G>

for those interested - I was returning home (sober) from the city on my bike and because it was raining was riding very quietly (first mistake). An Isuzu Pickup truck pulled out into the road and I shifted out a bit to the centre of the road to avoid going up his rear, he then did an almost 90 degree right turn and collected me on the way round. I followed the bike onto the other side of the road and was on the ground. I tried to stand up (second mistake) and thought I had broken my right leg (not) and my left arm (not) both are very bruised and the reason for the sore arm was my upper forearm had smashed off his wing mirror - don't make trucks like they used to (fortunately).

In short I am walking and can get around. My bike will be fixed and everything is fine. No bits missing or going in the wrong direction. I think I was very fortunate, it could have been much worse.

The driver of the pickup - got out and took a look at me and decided he had done his roadside obligation so left me there lying on the road. He drove off to whatever pressing business he had. Probably needed to check out where he is going to get the side of his pickup fixed.

A car coming in the opposite direction - slowed down (thankfully) and carefull drove around me so as to not do any further damage (thanks guys).

A third car came in the direction I was travelling, stopped and they got out to help. They called the police and wanted to take me to hospital. They stayed with me for nearly two hours and have called me since to see how I am. It was a very nice gesture.

The police came - and took down the details. They put my bike in teh back of their pickup and wanted to drive me to the hospital. By now I was walking around and knew I was ok - nothing broken. No head trauma, no spinal injury. I just wanted to go home. The police drove me there and I wanted to take my bike but was told it had to be photographed etc and to pick it up at the police station at 10am the next morning.

The bike is in the shop being fixed. I had to pay the cops 400B fine for being in an accident. The guy who took off will do his own repair and the police won't even look for him <?> I will have to pay my own repair costs, and the cops wanted 4,000B transport costs because they took my bike with them. Paid the 400B fine and refuse the 4,000B transport.

I am ok now and think I was lucky not to have been much more badly hurt. I have spent a fair bit of time scraping people up off roads and this would have to be one of the best outcomes I have seen.

Thanks to the people who called me, and sent PMs - it was much appreciated.

Cheers

Crow Boy

wow. bet youve had better days. i find it unbelievable that people can actually sleep at night after knocking someone off of their motorcycle! incredible.

its good to hear that you are doing well...

Good news that you are okay but bad news that there is a cretin out there that thinks it's all fine and dandy to knock a guy off his bike and then drive on leaving him lying in the road. And equally there is another guy who thought it okay to drive by without even stopping to see if he could help, that balanced out by the next guy who's a real good samaritan. So out of three Thai, presumably, drivers we have two bad ones and one good, about right proportions I'd say. Just hope the two bad apples come back in their next life as snakes sphincters although that would probably be a step up in social class for them.

As for the police, well it's all been said before and they certainly sunk to meet expectations.

Take it easy CB and put it down to just another part of life's rich tapestry.

Hey man, that's a bummer. I hate to hear you got all matted up. If it matters, in the story of the Good Samaritan, told in modern Thai, he would not have been a Thai or a Buddhist; he would have been a Hill Tribe non-citizen, maybe a Hindu.

I think God or the fates or Buddha or common sense is trying to tell us something about riding on Thai roads.

Call me if you can.

Hey man, that's a bummer. I hate to hear you got all matted up. If it matters, in the story of the Good Samaritan, told in modern Thai, he would not have been a Thai or a Buddhist; he would have been a Hill Tribe non-citizen, maybe a Hindu.

I think God or the fates or Buddha or common sense is trying to tell us something about riding on Thai roads.Call me if you can.

yeah, get one of those dangly thingies to attach to your ride :odangly thingies

'bout time you hardened up CB.You should be going for a jog followed by about 20 pints to replenish fluids. :D

glad to see you are ok.:o

C'mon Chew-Choke, he's an Aussie not a soft-cocked Kiwi. He'll bounce right back. bicycle.gif

BTW what happened with the Bledisloe Cup this year? hyper.gif

'bout time you hardened up CB.You should be going for a jog followed by about 20 pints to replenish fluids. :D

C'mon Chew-Choke, he's an Aussie not a soft-cocked Kiwi. He'll bounce right back. bicycle.gif

first game you guys have won in about 3 years, about time but it aint over, you have to win the return game in NZ to get our cup. taunt002.gif

Edited by Donnyboy

first game you guys have won in about 3 years, about time but it aint over, you have to win the return game in NZ to get our cup. taunt002.gif

A sign of things to come.........ass.gif

glad to see you are ok.:D

A sign of things to come.........ass.gif

going to whip your sorry butts in two weeks time.Bunch of pussies in the front row.... :o

This Bledisloe Cup thing is a ladies badminton tournament, right?

Just wondering.... :o

McG

No Macca. It's an annual trans-tasman game that involves a lot of bum sniffing. Some of the participants have even been known to stick their fingers where the sun doesn't shine on members of the opposing team. Some of the receivers of the digit seem to enjoy it too.

I, being a Victorian, come from a long line of proponents of the real football creed - Aussie Rules. Far to refined and dignified to stoop to the levels of those barbaric nothern states and the land of the South Sea poms.

Edited by Blinky Bill

This Bledisloe Cup thing is a ladies badminton tournament, right?

Just wondering.... :o

McG

No Macca. It's an annual trans-tasman game that involves a lot of bum sniffing. Some of the participants have even been known to stick their fingers where the sun doesn't shine on members of the opposing team. Some of the receivers of the digit seem to enjoy it too.

I, being a Victorian, come from a long line of proponents of the real football creed - Aussie Rules. Far to refined and dignified to stoop to the levels of those barbaric nothern states and the land of the South Sea poms.

Aerial pingpong is like up side down soccer...a game for pooves! :D

Aerial pingpong is like up side down soccer...a game for pooves! :o

So Chew-Choke, what happened with the America's Cup? I heard a rumour that the Kiwis might have lost the challenge again.

Oh yeah, and Crowy, hope you're feeling better mate.

Crow boy is a Croweater we are tougher than than titanium or logs of wood :D:D

Glad you're ok CB. SOunds like a close one. Just b4 I went down to your country I was on the Nong Hoy road when one biker started veering right as if to turn right onto the Super. But he was signaling left and kind of slowing down, though not breaking. Meanwhile I wanted to gun it to make the light. The guy was totally blocking me and squeezing me. I wanted to cut in on his left and pass but the left signal was bothering me though he was in the right hand side of a two lane road. As we neared the last part of the intersection, of course he veered left across all lanes in front of the Adventure Hotel (anyone been there for an 'adventure' yet!!??) and went the way his signal said. Had I gone inside I likely would have been hit. I owe it to my better judgment that told me " You never know what the F&^%! these people are thinking." Glad you made it out alright. Your thing serves as a reminder something weird could catch us off guard at any time.

If you can, hobble out to Guitarman tmw night. I'll buy you a bottle of medicine.

I'm reporting a live sighting of the Crowboy out and about the night bazaar, and he was sentient enough to notice my CBR150 and find me in a bar. We exchanged war stories and went on our ways. He wasn't even hobbling too much.

This is the typical Modus Operandi of those bloody croweaters. Always seeking sympathy.

You were lucky, glad to hear there was no permanent damage.

I gave up riding MCs in Chiang Mai after too many close calls. As the Thais say 'Ride motorcycle, metal covered by flesh; drive car, flesh covered by metal'.