‘Big Joke’ Going To Phuket To Probe Sex Trafficking Of Teen Girls

webfact

image.jpeg

by TNR Staff

DEPUTY National Police Chief Pol. Lt. Gen. Surachate Hakparn, whose nickname is Big Joke, is heading for Phuket to expand investigation of sex trafficking teenage girls after two suspects were arrested in a bar raid and six victims rescued, Thai Rath newspaper said.

Pol. Maj. Gen. Wasan Techaakasen, deputy chief of Provincial Police Region 8, this afternoon went to Kathu district police station to follow up and apprehend other suspects involved in sex trafficking after two women were arrested in a raid on an entertainment venue in Soi Sea Dragon, Bangla road, Patong subdistrict, on Wednesday night.

They were charged sex trafficking minors under 15 and 18 years of age.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/03/17/big-joke-going-to-phuket-to-probe-sex-trafficking-of-teen-girls/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-03-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Nip said:

I think under the circumstances the word Probe should be replaced my Investigate?

If I am not mistaken, the RTP have already transferred 5 senior cops from Patong station to the Provincial one: the old inactive post malarkey. Seems like the local damage control by the more senior Phuket cops is about to get Big Joke's anal probe.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

When is he going to deal with the huge influx of Russian prostitutes in Bangla.

You must look a lot closer than I do - I've never spotted more than one or two. Can you give me a pointer as to where I should be looking? Thanks.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, London Lowf said:
2 hours ago, Adumbration said:

When is he going to deal with the huge influx of Russian prostitutes in Bangla.

You must look a lot closer than I do - I've never spotted more than one or two. Can you give me a pointer as to where I should be looking? Thanks.

This from a poster who hates Patong with a vengeance according to his posts........maybe he is back here and on the look-out for company LL??

Edited by xylophone

11 hours ago, xylophone said:

This from a poster who hates Patong with a vengeance according to his posts........maybe he is back here and on the look-out for company LL??

Yes I detest Patong. That is no secret. I choose not to spend my time in dirty and crowded places that are filled with drunks and prostitutes.  I also like to swim at beaches that do not have potentially lethal fecal coliform counts. But I still have a number of Thai friends that have businesses there.  One such friend has a language school and has done for a long time.  The Russian mafia and their prostitutes are using the ED visa again this time around.  Same as they did a decade or so ago before ruble crashed and they dissappeared.

The litmus test for Patong is easy.  Would a decent Thai person visit the place if they did not work there?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Yes I detest Patong. That is no secret. I choose not to spend my time in dirty and crowded places that are filled with drunks and prostitutes.  I also like to swim at beaches that do not have potentially lethal fecal coliform counts. But I still have a number of Thai friends that have businesses there.  One such friend has a language school and has done for a long time.  The Russian mafia and their prostitutes are using the ED visa again this time around.  Same as they did a decade or so ago before ruble crashed and they dissappeared.

The litmus test for Patong is easy.  Would a decent Thai person visit the place if they did not work there?

Seems like your 'decent' friends from the language school dont mind the place nor the ED visa spin off from the  russky mafia! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Seems like your 'decent' friends from the language school dont mind the place nor the ED visa spin off from the  russky mafia! 

It would seem that you are illiterate. As usual you failed to read my post before posting a snarky reply.  Or are you assuming that my Thai friend that has a language school in Patong does not work there.

Edited by Adumbration

3 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Well, last year just under five million Thai nationals visited Phuket (54% of the total) and so a fair number would have gone to Patong - none of them were "decent"?

You really do post some nonsense, but it amuses me!

Edited by London Lowf
  • Like 2

It would seem that you are illiterate. As usual you failed to read my post before posting a snarky reply.  Or are you assuming that my Thai friend that has a language school in Patong does not work there.

Noted your insulting response, not surprised tho. No.. spotted the fake disclaimer soon as I read it, still sounds like great school for a dodgy visa.

3 hours ago, London Lowf said:

Well, last year just under five million Thai nationals visited Phuket (54% of the total) and so a fair number would have gone to Patong - none of them were "decent"?

You really do post some nonsense, but it amuses me!

There were not any Russians in Phuket last year.  There were also significant government incentives to visit.  And of the alledged 5 million, how many went to Patong?

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

There were not any Russians in Phuket last year.  There were also significant government incentives to visit.  And of the alledged 5 million, how many went to Patong?

So no Russians went to Phiket in 2023? I think your confused.

3 hours ago, Olmate said:

Noted your insulting response, not surprised tho. No.. spotted the fake disclaimer soon as I read it, still sounds like great school for a dodgy visa.

It seems par for course for that poster as I got a couple of insulting responses from him a while back, that's why I have put him on "ignore", so can't see anything he posts!

What on earth are you on about now - you quoted my post and nowhere did I mention Russians. However, since you bought it up, your statement that "There were not any Russians in Phuket last year" just about sums up your knowledge of the world around you. And yes, I do know that "last year" was 2022 and I was here from October.

I won't even guess how many of the "alleged 5 million" Thais went to Patong, but you would have to be extremely dimwitted to believe that is was anything other than a significant proportion.

Edited by London Lowf
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, xylophone said:

It seems par for course for that poster as I got a couple of insulting responses from him a while back, that's why I have put him on "ignore", so can't see anything he posts!

Switch him back on, good for the laugh! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, London Lowf said:

What on earth are you on about now - you quoted my post and nowhere did I mention Russians. However, since you bought it up, your statement that "There were not any Russians in Phuket last year" just about sums up your knowledge of the world around you. And yes, I do know that "last year" was 2022 and I was here from October.

I won't even guess how many of the "alleged 5 million" Thais went to Patong, but you would have to be extremely dimwitted to believe that is was anything other than a significant proportion.

Good friend works at the 5star Meridian. Yes 2022 rammed  with wealthy Russians.