Rooster Reports 7: Hello Thai people: The pandemic's over now, pretty please, ditch the face masks! 

webfact

3 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

What are the consequences for social solidarity when you can't see the other person

The eyes are the window to the soul.  As long as you can see a persons eyes you can relate to them.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Thats something completely different. 

The majority of the population are still wearing masks for no other reason than everyone else is and they don't want to be the ones breaking with conformity and potentially judged. 

But some here 'think' they are wearing masks on a bike for C19, which is cr_p......????

• Confused 1

I was recently in Japan... A lot (most) people there wearing masks in the city but not in the provinces. 

Out in the provinces (ski area) no one was wearing a mask, tourists or Japanese... 

Yet, in Tokyo (and on the Shinkansen) everyone was wearing a mask - you stood out if you didn’t.

I wore a mask and hated it... why ??....  I felt like I had to and it would be upsetting people around me if I didn’t - this seemed ridiculous to me, yet I conformed... then would walk into a busy bar or restaurant and no one had masks on... madness.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

But some here 'think' they are wearing masks on a bike for C19, which is cr_p......????

Yeah, I guess that’s a thing now... 

Before Covid-19 in countries such as Thailand a minority wore masks because of the pollution...  Moving forwards some may think they are wearing masks because they are scared of Covid-19... 

But, will people get upset with a minority wearing masks ??...  

I have read of examples in the states where people are targeted and ridiculed for wearing a mask when the ‘aggressor’ believes they ‘shouldn’t be’.....  madness again !... 

IMO - people should wear what they want... But outside of a pandemic etc I think the societal conformity and lack of individual thought to ‘step out of this mask wearing trance’ seems a little ridiculous...  

As others have pointed out, whats the harm?... But there is some harm when people pass judgement based on flawed beliefs or understanding which is only perpetuated by society’s thoughtless & voiceless conformity.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats something completely different. 

The majority of the population are still wearing masks for no other reason than everyone else is and they don't want to be the ones breaking with conformity and potentially judged. 

I am talking bikes.........Mrs.T is 100% proof of why folk wear masks on a bike, and I reckon, as C19 is waning, folk perhaps realise not breathing in cr_p via a mask is a good idea...????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If they want to wear a mask, for whatever reason, let them wear their mask. What's the problem?

It seems our friend Rooster does not listen too or understand scientific information, maybe his brain is a bit clouded from the smoke he now likes to promote.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Love It 1

Wore a 3M mask N95 both in UK and in Thailand since start of covid...never got any noticeable covid till late 2022 and believe me, anything going, any season before all this masking I got it and bad...no such luck as asymptomatic...I get felled with any respitory bug going around.

Dumped masks arriving back in UK 6 months ago and have had two awful 2 weeks+ covid bouts...this after 3x vax doses over 1.5 years...the effect of covid was still super rough.

I won't be going back to masking though, after being vaxxed and getting it.

Based on my history of picking up respitory illnesses and zero covid symptoms till I stopped the masking, for me anyway masking seemed to definetly work.

I would though maybe wear an N95 on a motorbike in future just to block a bit of the airbourne pollution. So don't assume masking on motorbikes is about covid as people masked up for pollution before, though perhaps not in the numbers we saw after covid.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If they want to wear a mask, for whatever reason, let them wear their mask. What's the problem?

yeah! right? we go to a restaurant and now we feel more confident that the food won't be poisoned with their saliva...555

but it doesn't matter....covid might be over, but now we have another reason more realistic to wear a mask....at least until the rain comes.

We spent new year in Bangkok and my Thai mother in law religiously wore her mask all the time, nobody else did. When we returned to central Thailand she didn't feel well and tested positive. Fortunately she only had mild symptoms for a few days but the mask wearing was obviously no help. Nobody else tested positive. 

• Haha 2