Where To Party In Pattaya?

moon27

after spending a year in austraila i am going back home to northern ireland via thailand which is lasting 3 months, i have been in thailand a couple of times for a short visit in the last year, but have only stayed in pattaya for a maybe 2 nites, and at that time i was with my mates but they have already went back home early.. so it looks like i will be by my lonesome.. can u still have a great time by yourself? where should i check out? i like going out to the clubs / bars /disco's etc drinking and partying every nite sounds good to me.. also is there any places that i should avoid?

after spending a year in austraila i am going back home to northern ireland via thailand which is lasting 3 months, i have been in thailand a couple of times for a short visit in the last year, but have only stayed in pattaya for a maybe 2 nites, and at that time i was with my mates but they have already went back home early.. so it looks like i will be by my lonesome.. can u still have a great time by yourself? where should i check out? i like going out to the clubs / bars /disco's etc drinking and partying every nite sounds good to me.. also is there any places that i should avoid?

Try 'walking street' south end of the beach road. Shouldn't think you'd be on your own for long! :D:o

Pattaya for the single traveller. Mmmmmmm let me think ?

Well arrive on day one drop off your bag in your room, walk outside and smile.

Repeat for the rest of your stay.

Genuine word of warning ? Well never on your tod, get so wasted that you are on your jack staggering around late at night. Find a friend, and be deep in meaningful conversation before you ever reach the beer goggles phase. Pattaya is a city late at night for those that know the score and know how to avoid confrontation. Same as any big city you have visited on your travels. Great place for you to have the time of your life, but never forget as in any large city, as the entertainment areas throw out their dregs on to the street, trouble can occur.

Slim disco on 2nd road is a good night out, there are 2 rooms to choose from. Also Lucifer Disco down Walking Street is ok as well. have a good time. These two are the busiest Discos in Pattaya nowadays.

Both are good as post says, slim will make your wallet that way as well!

hope ya have a good one!

i was down walking street the last time i was there.. the place is mad :o nearly got bombarded by all the ladyboys..haha so is there many streets just like "walking street" ? or is that the main street /area i have heard there is something like 4000 bars in pattaya, is that true? would it be better to pick a girl up in the bars or go into the go-go clubs?

would it be better to pick a girl up in the bars or go into the go-go clubs?

Let's not go there please.

From the Forum Rules:

You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys), referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

Could someone please explain exactly where Slim's is on the second road. I've tried looking for it around the SOi 6 area a couple of time but with no luck.

Walk North past soi 6 and keepooking left. Once upon a time there was a 7-Eleven there now Slim nestles there just off second road.

Could someone please explain exactly where Slim's is on the second road. I've tried looking for it around the SOi 6 area a couple of time but with no luck.

Walk North past soi 6 and keepooking left. Once upon a time there was a 7-Eleven there now Slim nestles there just off second road.

Thanks, I'll have a look after Thailand has given the aussies a lesson or two on how to play football.

Forget Slims and other high-priced clip joints.

Stay with the areas like Waklking Street, Sois 6, 7, 8 and Soi Pattayaland in the evenings.

Soi LK Metro and Soi Buakheow are also popular.

During the day there are trips out of Pattaya to several parks and other venues - shopping at Outlet Mall or Fly, para-gliding on the beach, Pattaya Park and Dongtan Beach.

Your hotel will have a small pocket book available on all that is going on in and around Pattaya.

Start out at our sponsor (Tropical Bert's) place, behind Soi 6. Drift down to Beach Road (150 yards) and catch a baht bus (sawng thaew) to the end of Beach Road - start of Walking Street. Keep your eyes open on the way and note places you want to see later.

If you arrive during the day, have a couple of hours kip before you start out. Seven o'clock is a good time to get moving. Then remember that the beer here is not weak, the spirit measures are not small. So moderation is the watchword. You can eat any menu from virtually anywhere in the world somewhere in Pattaya - although I've yet to find Nigerian food available.

iso is there many streets just like "walking street" ?

There is nowhere in the world like Walking Street.

Thankfully so...although I would conceed that walking street Phuket comes close...

Soi Bangla? It was a trafficked street when I used to live there, but I heard that they'd copied Pattaya.

thanks people that was great, im sure i wont have to travel far before i find somewhere to get a few drinks in, had met a few thai girls the last time i was over so i can always hook up with them and let them show me the places also.. so is there a main beach area near by? the last time i was there all i saw was a narrow strech of beach that with loads of sun-chairs

Thanks, I'll have a look after Thailand has given the aussies a lesson or two on how to play football.

Wow - that went so wrong didn't it????

Pm me and tell me what you want to do then i'll give you some details of a couple of bars and some phone numbers or email addresses.

:o

What is walking street?

Please explain more.

Stay with the areas like Waklking Street, Sois 6, 7, 8 and Soi Pattayaland in the evenings.

During the day there are trips out of Pattaya to several parks and other venues - shopping at Outlet Mall or Fly, para-gliding on the beach, Pattaya Park and Dongtan Beach.

Your hotel will have a small pocket book available on all that is going on in and around Pattaya.

Start out at our sponsor (Tropical Bert's) place, behind Soi 6. Drift down to Beach Road (150 yards) and catch a baht bus (sawng thaew) to the end of Beach Road - start of Walking Street. Keep your eyes open on the way and note places you want to see later.

If you arrive during the day, have a couple of hours kip before you start out. Seven o'clock is a good time to get moving. Then remember that the beer here is not weak, the spirit measures are not small. So moderation is the watchword. You can eat any menu from virtually anywhere in the world somewhere in Pattaya - although I've yet to find Nigerian food available.

What is walking street?

Please explain more.

I wish you well on your trip to Pattaya. Now you have a large list of places to go. Bars, discos, daytime & nightime. Dont forget to keep your wallet safe and always ask for prices and menus before you buy anything, including Bar prices for drinks ect, and you should have a Whale of a time. I always go to Slim Disco off 2nd road, and beach road, near Big C. The prices are reasonable in comparison to the type of place you are wanting to go, its an upper class place compared to the other places people have talked about, Slim is quite a new Disco, and very popular. Gorgeous inside. Live bands, koyote and disco.

I suppose it depends on what type of place you are looking for. Lucifer is ok, on Walking Street, but i always found it to be far too busy especialy on Saturdays. Its wild.. but fun. good luck and enjoy.

:o

iso is there many streets just like "walking street" ?

There is nowhere in the world like Walking Street.

Thankfully so...although I would conceed that walking street Phuket comes close...

Nobody has come up with THE HONEY POT CLUB on soi 2 opp big C small crackin euro style city center bar with top ladies and a decent live band give it a whirl.The Utoo bar on 2nd rd opp alcazaar is a good place to start any piss up nice well run gaff with bonnie lasses n no hassle.

From Rough Guide to Thailand:

"Pattya is a sleepy fishing village located on the eastern coast of Thailand. Recommended for the visitor hoping to relax in a genuine Thai laid back atmosphere. For evening entertainment the local Walking Street neighbourhood offers a number of healthy scenic countryside ramble route with occasional refreshment stops available. Night fishing from the main pier is recommended, along with bird spotting in the Soi 6 area, where the greater spotted gobbler and tits of all kinds are frequently seen."

Oh well.

Perhaps you could try Rayong or Sattahip?