Don Muang Taxi Stand

Shah Jahan

When I arrived yesterday at Don Muang -= there must have been a 30-40 minute que or more at the Taxi stand (filled with falang) - I didnt have the time to wait and asked a security guard in Thai what I was supposed to do... he pointed out to the street.

I walked out for a few minutes and there all the Thai people walked out to a bus stop on the frontage road/expressway and were hailing taxis driving by who seemed to be keen to the game.

great way to save 50 baht and more importantly - great way to save alot of time if there is a que

You could have also gone upstairs and gotten a cab at the arrivals area. As for avoiding the 50 baht. Why would one worry and fret about 50 baht after all the money spent on a ticket to Thailand?

Don Mueang is for domestic flights (which can be very cheap indeed) and not every farang is a tourist.... the price of an international ticket has little to do with this. So if for some people it is worth taking a cab at arrivals to save 50 baht, why not?

You could have also gone upstairs and gotten a cab at the arrivals area. As for avoiding the 50 baht. Why would one worry and fret about 50 baht after all the money spent on a ticket to Thailand?

Don Mueang is for domestic flights (which can be very cheap indeed) and not every farang is a tourist.... the price of an international ticket has little to do with this. So if for some people it is worth taking a cab at arrivals to save 50 baht, why not?

You mention the 50 baht question but nothing about going upstairs to the arrival area. (as for the flight being cheap its all a point of view.) As for being a Falang. Not every falang is a tourist but every falang is not from Thailand. :o

You mention the 50 baht question but nothing about going upstairs to the arrival area. (as for the flight being cheap its all a point of view.) As for being a Falang. Not every falang is a tourist but every falang is not from Thailand. :D

:o Ooops, to save 50 baht you better take a cab at departures..... :D

But flights being cheap a point of view?? I said they CAN be cheap and some of the promotional fares are just that by any standard.... (i.e. the surcharges and taxes sometimes make up the largest part of the price of the ticket. Paying a total of 799 Baht from Don Mueang to Chiang Rai, which is the case for my next flight, is definitely cheap).

You mention the 50 baht question but nothing about going upstairs to the arrival area. (as for the flight being cheap its all a point of view.) As for being a Falang. Not every falang is a tourist but every falang is not from Thailand. :D

:o Ooops, to save 50 baht you better take a cab at departures..... :D

But flights being cheap a point of view?? I said they CAN be cheap and some of the promotional fares are just that by any standard.... (i.e. the surcharges and taxes sometimes make up the largest part of the price of the ticket. Paying a total of 799 Baht from Don Mueang to Chiang Rai, which is the case for my next flight, is definitely cheap).

799 baht?

including taxes..yikes that is good..I was checking Nok and after the taxes a cheapo flight is not so cheap..not pricey but the taxes added was like huge..

799 baht?

including taxes..yikes that is good..I was checking Nok and after the taxes a cheapo flight is not so cheap..not pricey but the taxes added was like huge..

Orient Thai Airlines (one-two-go). Basic price 299 baht, 500 Baht surcharge/taxes. Limited availability (of course), booked via the internet