Favourite Word In Thai

lampard10

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your favourite word in the Thai language? Mines got to be ' Som num naa'

i've said it somewhere else, but i like พลบ (plop), meaning dusk. i simply like the toilet humour of the way it's pronounced.

all the best.

What is your favourite word in the Thai language? Mines got to be ' Som num naa'

i've said it somewhere else, but i like พลบ (plop), meaning dusk. i simply like the toilet humour of the way it's pronounced.

all the best.

Conjures up a picture of a rapidly falling sun landing in the ocean with a modest splash, doesn't it?

My favorite is one I learned from my 4 year old daughter. It is jakara (or something like that) and it means underarm. My daughter enjoys touching my wife's underarm. That's why she uses that word.

Thai south word I believe:

lahk tdahn (no idea of the spelling) --its a superlative meaning really or very. ie rohn lahk tdahn--really hot. In a semi-crass but not quite rude sort of way :o

**edit*** just found out from my husband, this is a word used on the islands; Samui, Phangan and Tao and not in use on the mainland.

I'm just going to ignore all the piss taking here. :o

On slight error, Yorky. The last character is . So, it's " พิเศษ "

And of course, Khun F*t G*t, he's talking about the special train. :D

Edited by elsie

My favorite is one I learned from my 4 year old daughter. It is jakara (or something like that) and it means underarm. My daughter enjoys touching my wife's underarm. That's why she uses that word.

I think it's more like "jakareh".....also like jakachee for ticklish :o