Is this viable for 6 months stay in Thailand

15 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

Unlimited 60 days entry, come and go every 60 days. No need for visas or extensions. This is the rule. 🙂

Your posts are seriously incorrect.

You are suggesting all form of tourist visas and even eg extensions from non O etc are obsolete.

Living in Thailand ongoing with continuous visa exempt entries will not work. 

Ridiculous posts from you

9 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

VE means no visa, no extension. One shows up and gets 60 days. And they are unlimited in their number. 

History in Thailand has shown that if one has multiple VE entries into Thailand,  then at the Thai border the IO can be concerned one is illegally working in Thailand while not being on a proper work Visa. They are known to have denied entry in such cases.

This too is fact. FACT.

It is very prudent to keep this fact in mind if attempting to conduct multiple entries into Thailand on VE. There will be suspicion by the IO.

If one is prepared for a denied entry, then fine.

But if one has multiple belongings and finances based in Thailand, prudence suggests caution. Being denied entry,  because one ignored historical fact, could cause massive inconvenience and unexpected expenses. 

Those who decide to push the VE approach to the maximum can do so, but beware of the risk. If the IO at the border suspects you may be working in Thailand  ( even if you are not ) they can deny you entry regardless of this change to the VE entry durations.

Edited by oldcpu

Just be prepared with proof to back up that you are not working in Thailand, like income from abroad, bank statements, 20k baht cash or equivalent, hotel booking, flight out of thailand. The more you push VE entries, the more proof I would suggest to bring. Best to get a tourist visa if you stay for longer periods, they will start to ask for it after a while.

• Agree 1

On 9/27/2024 at 6:58 AM, oldcpu said:

t is very prudent to keep this fact in mind if attempting to conduct multiple entries into Thailand on VE. There will be suspicion by the IO.

I take Thai baby from Isan with me to visit Vn every 60 days. I also stay at least a week in Vn, some times longer up to 30 day Thai limit. Mine is 45.

Works well for out & in using "Thai ONLY" line. Everybody's friendlier too. She handles both passports and feels empowered 😉

For Isan farmer this simple trip is priceless! First time out of the country!

I enjoy to see how happy they are and they show it other ways too....

On 9/26/2024 at 7:51 PM, JeffersLos said:

As rare as hen's teeth, how many VE's arrive from the 93 countries everyday? Perhaps 2.5 million per month out of the 3 million that arrive here. 

Every IO decision is at the discretion of the IO, for every extension and every entry. Posters trying scare monger instead of listing the rules should be banned from the forum.

Unlimited 60 days entry, come and go every 60 days. No need for visas or extensions. This is the rule. 🙂

How many of those 3-M are here 6-mo per-year?  Why are you talking about scenarios with no relation to the OP?

Every entry may be legally-prevented by immigration if the entrant is in violation of one of the specified reasons permitted to deny entry. 

Immigration do not follow that law, because that would limit how many people they can force into their "pay for safe-entry" extortion racket (at both Bangkok airports), hence the problem.

• Agree 1

On 9/27/2024 at 11:58 AM, oldcpu said:

History in Thailand has shown that if one has multiple VE entries into Thailand,  then at the Thai border the IO can be concerned one is illegally working in Thailand while not being on a proper work Visa. They are known to have denied entry in such cases.

I agree with your conclusion, but ... Although working-illegally is a legal-reason to deny entry, the IOs almost always "rejection stamp" that the person entering did not have the money to afford their stay - even when their travel history makes that a ridiculous assumption, and even if they have the required 20K Baht in cash.  

Those rejected report the IO told them they come/stay "too much/long" in Thailand - which is not a legal reason to deny entry.  Upon their passport being returned to them, they find the "didn't have money" stamp was used to cover-up the crime committed.

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

I agree with your conclusion, but ... Although working-illegally is a legal-reason to deny entry, the IOs almost always "rejection stamp" that the person entering did not have the money to afford their stay - even when their travel history makes that a ridiculous assumption, and even if they have the required 20K Baht in cash.  

Those rejected report the IO told them they come/stay "too much/long" in Thailand - which is not a legal reason to deny entry.  Upon their passport being returned to them, they find the "didn't have money" stamp was used to cover-up the crime committed.

I strongly suggest using a tourist visa (not a VE) when entering by air, especially if you have an extensive history of stays.

Edited by raz0r21

3 hours ago, Rob Browder said:

😅😂🤣

nutter