3 year old Thai girl sexually assaulted by foreign man in Phuket

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Sig said:

It's interesting about that. I'd agree with you that he should know better. It's drilled into Americans like we can all repeat the Miranda warning word for word! "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law...") I've met a lawyer just recently who has practiced for 20+ years and has defended many clients in sex crimes as well. But regardless of the crime, he told me that it is a VERY rare person who can keep their mouth shut and most people say things that they shouldn't and can be used against them, even innocent people. The police can be very good at questions that lead a person to say stupid things that they wouldn't otherwise ever say. Or they might give perfectly good answers, but they could look bad and appear to be incriminating even though one is completely innocent. Best policy, shut up and don't talk to ANYONE except your lawyer.

First off the Miranda rights aren't applicable in Thailand although its smart to not talk and get a lawyer. 

I always find it incredibly interesting that when a Thai commits these acts the police are very slow to react and if its at school its covered up. But if a foreigner is anywhere near the situation or involved everyone is quick to jump on it and convict them.

• Love It 1

If he's guilty, he deserves to be locked up for a long, long time. But I would think the girl, even being only three years old, would be able to identify the person who did this to her. That would be the most important evidence.

On 9/26/2024 at 4:38 PM, save the frogs said:

3 yr old ... that's pretty sick

but why are the parents leaving their 3 yr old with this guy?

that's negligence

Deleted 

Edited by roo860