Man Withdraws Government Cash, Buys Liquor for Celebration, Gets Drunk and Falls into Canal

Georgealbert

Several comments breaking forum rules have been removed.

Reminder of rule 17. ASEAN NOW news team collects news articles from various recognised and reputable news sources. The articles  may be consolidated from different sources and rewritten with AI assistance These news items are shared in our forums for members to stay informed and engaged. Our dedicated news team puts in the effort to deliver quality content, and we ask for your respect in return. Any disrespectful comments about our news articles or the content itself, such as calling it "clickbait" or “slow news day”, and criticising grammatical errors, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken. Please note that republished articles may contain errors or opinions that do not reflect the views of ASEAN NOW.

If you'd like to help us, and you see an error with an article, then please use the report function so that we can attend to it promptly.

4 hours ago, Mason45 said:

Around 20 years ago I was in Yasothon and I witnessed the wildest brawl I've ever seen, it was a 2 day festival but I don't remember it's name. After only 2 hours  there were around 100 guys brawling. They had lumps of wood, pieces of concrete, knives, broken bottles, even a sabre sword was produced. After about one hour the organizers called a halt for the day. Day 2 started off peaceful then a few  hours later the brawl from the previous day flared up again. I told my friend we have to get out of here. As we were going back to the car park I seen one guy ride his motor bike flat out into the mob. The bike came to a dead halt and the mob proceeded to give the bike rider a real going over. I'm pretty sure given the severity of the beating he would've dead before an ambulance arrived. On both days of the festival there were at least 12-14 BIB's in the whisky tent and they more interested in the free booze than creating law and order.

You are probably talking about the Yasothon rocket festival, little else happens there.  Its a big festival attended by thousands,   what exactly  did you expect a dozen minimum wage cops to do against 100+ drunken brawling savages,  would you risk your life voluntarily for 20,000 baht per month.  they are not afterall allowed to just  shoot anybody in that sort of situation   Don't forget 100 drunken brawling savages can very quickly become 200 or even more 

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

You are correct.. If in the UK.. But here in Thailand.. If a Thai fights, someone is severely injured or dead. If a Thai fights, they usually do it in droves. Here in Thailand, you read about a Thai fighting or killing 2-3 times a week. Compared to foreigners in brawls in Thailand maybe 1 a month or 2. Mind you, this is all only what has been reported. There are many other cases of Thais fighting more that go unreported or compensated before the police arrive. Whereas all the brawls with foreigners end up on headline news and jail or huge fines and deportation. 

Out o the news. There may be more arguments that never end up in a fight between foreigners. But say something a Thai does not like and he will call his friends to come attack you as a team. 

Are you scared?

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

hmm ... I don't think I wanna experience being at a thai gathering and an argument break out,  the risk is too high for me.   We know they shoot each other, it's been on the news dozens of times.   I'm not saying fights don't happen in UK pubs, but we aren't talking about that,  Im talking about Thai's get drunk, argue, then shoot each other ... sometimes. 

It is Friday night tonight.

Millions of Thais will be on the sauce.

tomorow will not have a single report of a Thai shooting a Thai, like today didn’t. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Totally mad story. Yo regain consciousness, you must first be unconscious. In that stage it´s an amazing art to keep holding his 300 baht and at the same time think about his late father. More amazing is that an unconscious person not drown. His brother is right, he should stop drinking. Police should also fine the guy for driving drunk.

.....and urinating in public😀

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

man who withdrew the government hand out, chose to celebrate by getting drunk and fell into a canal.

I can't see anything wrong with that. 

Had a few aussie mates would do the same thing when I was younger. 

9 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

The searchers rushed to help him and found that Mr. Thongrit appeared confused by the crowd of villagers and rescuers, exclaiming, “What’s everyone doing here? I’m not dead. I’m just embarrassed and cold.”

Searchers.........why send out a search party, he sounds like he was having a great time. 

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So what?  It does not matter, the whole idea of the handout was for it to be spent!

not on booze and drugs ...   perhaps you can convince the authorities that that's fine.