Man Dies After Attack by Mixed-Breed Stray Dogs in Ubon Ratchathani

webfact

image.jpeg

Representative image courtesy: iStock

In a tragic incident, a 49-year-old man was found dead in his home in Ubon Ratchathani after being mauled by two mixed-breed dogs. The man, whose identity has been withheld, was discovered face down in his single-storey house on Wednesday, according to local police reports on Friday.

The victim had suffered severe bite wounds to his head, including torn ears, and investigators concluded that he died from excessive blood loss.

Initially, the man's relatives suspected foul play, believing he might have been killed before the dogs attacked him. However, forensic analysis revealed no signs of human assault, ruling out the possibility of murder.

Police estimated that the man had been dead for approximately six hours before his body was found.

During the investigation, police located two stray dogs near the scene—one a mixed-breed pit bull and the other a mixed-breed Rottweiler. Believing these dogs were responsible for the attack, local livestock officers sedated both animals and measured their teeth, which matched the size of the bite wounds on the victim.

This incident has raised concerns about the presence of stray dogs, especially those with aggressive tendencies, in residential areas. Authorities are taking steps to prevent future incidents. The dogs have been taken into custody by the livestock office for further evaluation, reported Bangkok Post.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-27

news-footer-3.png

image.png

• Sad 1

Stray Rottweiler-Mix Dogs Maul Man to Death in Ubon Ratchathani
By Kittisak Phalaharn

image.jpeg

Ubon Ratchathani — On September 27th, 2024, Don Mod Daeng police officers received a report of a man found dead after evidently being attacked by two stray Rottweiler-mix dogs at a residence in Don Mod Daeng, Ubon Ratchathani.

Officers arrived at the single-story home to find the body of Mr. Wetchai (whose last name was withheld by the police), lying face down in his bedroom. He was found with severe bite wounds on his head, a torn ear, and his body lying in a pool of blood.

Medical examiners found no evidence of blunt force trauma or sharp objects being used, ruling out murder. The room showed signs of a struggle, with objects scattered around and the back door left open.

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 

-- 2024-09-28

news-footer-3.png

image.png

54 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

The only way to get rid of the problem, is to kill off the evil breeds and mixed breeds, as well as totally ban them in Thailand with heavy fines for the ones who break the laws.

You mean removing ALL stray and feral dogs, once for all. Would be a nice assignment for the army, but sadly no one has the balls to do such thing.

These dogs make Thailand a third world country, and sadly the Thai want to keep it like that.

Edited by Ben Zioner
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

These dogs make Thailand a third world country

sure and after " the dogs removal operation" Thailand will become prosperous and truly well developed country..

generally speaking TH is the third world country and that is one of the reason why nobody cares about stray and feral mutts.

• Love It 1

3 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

sure and after " the dogs removal operation" Thailand will become prosperous and truly well developed country..

generally speaking TH is the third world country and that is one of the reason why nobody cares about stray and feral mutts.

You surely must be pleasant to have dinner with..

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

You mean removing ALL stray and feral dogs, once for all. Would be a nice assignment for the army, but sadly no one has the balls to do such thing.

These dogs make Thailand a third world country, and sadly the Thai want to keep it like that.

Yeah, that´s the whole problem. It´s so silly, that it´s hard to find words for it.

11 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Just take away Bob and go native......

• Agree 1

It's strange that 'stray' dogs have attacked a man in his home.

And it's also strange (to me at least) that they have maybe conveniently found and labelled a couple of breeds with a bad reputation.

Don't get me wrong, this is a sad story and a worrying trend we're seeing... but I feel there's more to this than the story suggests.

Were they really stray dogs, from birth? If yes, why are they in a man's house? That's not 'stray dog behaviour.'

Hi @richard_smith237 I didn't want to disappoint you😇🫡

Thai people are mental with dogs. They simply don't know how to keep them. Just look at how they have to walk through their own streets with stick in hand to beat off dogs. Letting them sleep on the road covered with diseases and run after passing traffi etc... They need a national campaign to teach the people because they can't figure it out on their own.

19 minutes ago, 2long said:

It's strange that 'stray' dogs have attacked a man in his home.

And it's also strange (to me at least) that they have maybe conveniently found and labelled a couple of breeds with a bad reputation.

Don't get me wrong, this is a sad story and a worrying trend we're seeing... but I feel there's more to this than the story suggests.

Were they really stray dogs, from birth? If yes, why are they in a man's house? That's not 'stray dog behaviour.'

Hi @richard_smith237 I didn't want to disappoint you😇🫡

The house owner may have had a bitch on heat as a pet , dogs invade homes and others territory to get to the bitches

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, NativeBob said:

Exactly. 3rd world means uncivilized and the way Thai's keep dogs IS uncivilized. It doesn't matter how many fancy towers and restaurants there are in Bangkok the majority of the country is not managing public affairs like stray dogs and the deadly driving we see daily. This is first and foremost a problem with the people and the culture.

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

You surely must be pleasant to have dinner with..

You have said the same thing before.

I recall you saying this same thing, but I just forget when, and under what circumstances.

At that time, you were referring to me.

I liked your comment....in fact.....MUCH!

In fact, I probably would not be a good dinner companion for you.....or most people.

So, you were correct.

30 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

They need a national campaign to teach the people because they can't figure it out on their own.

Sounds like a good topic for a new post/thread.

"National campaign to teach the people how to handle:

• dogs
  • cats
  • children with cell phones
  • unhealthy diet for kids
  • "thou shall not fail at exam" dogma
  • "but she has a family to support" excuse
  • absence of basic hygiene at any diner/street vendor/food court
  • uncontrolled disposal of hardcore antibiotics at pharmacies

and that just first things came to mind. 

^^^ these are the results of being 3rd world country. Not backward. More to add.

PS: at microbiology class professor asked college grads "what is isomer?". Master's program. Poker faces.

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

In fact, I probably would not be a good dinner companion for you.....or most people.

So, you were correct.

please @GammaGlobulin, obviously  there's a que of hundreds of adorable and witty farangs to have dinner with. He has to be very picky. while some are kinda "pricky".

Have some understanding. After all "it is hard to kick against pricks"

Have a good friday night! We only jest here, right?

Put the dog down and do it within the next 24 hours and find the owner a million baht if he is not having a money to pay confiscate his house and sell the proceeds to a dog-related charity. 

I do not want a lecture about animal cruelty. . Most soi dogs are a nuisance. Most are mangy, some are disease ridden, many are hungry, tired, and lead terrible lives of desperation. Some attack people, some terrorize neighborhoods. Many harass the domestic dogs, and cause them to bark all night long, like in my neighborhood. Nobody wants to do anything about it. Massive culling is the answer. If they found a budget for it, they could do it Western style. Round up the dogs, clean them up, vaccinate them, and put them up for adoption. The ones who are not adopted after 60 days are simply put down. Nothing cruel about it. Not doing something like this, is both cruel to the dogs and to the neighborhoods they infest.

The average dog bite cost alot money. A series of rabies shots, etc. And that is assuming someone was not hurt badly, like a small child. So, we should prioritize the health of mangy, miserable soi dogs over the well being of the human population?

aggressive-dog-barking-with-bared-teeth-png.png