Pattaya Cracks Down on Illegal Immigrants to Protect World-Class Tourist Image

webfact

In Britain now you are not allowed to call them illegal immigrants. You have to call the irregular immigrants. Calling them illegal is probably a two year prison sentence. Or it would be but the prisons are full. Thailand can put the illegal, I mean irregular immigrants on the next plane to London. I am sure the British Government will give them asylum.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ignore it said:

Ain't it ironic that some of the lefties on the forum are against illegal aliens in Pattaya, but seemingly not against those in the USA. 

If a person lives in Pattaya, I don't see why their focus should be on the USA in the slightest! And considering this is a Thailand forum, again the USA is irrelevant!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/28/2024 at 1:00 AM, BayArea said:

Thailand needs to enforce all the illegals in the country and not just Pattaya.

How many do you think are illegal here? I reckon a few dozen. And without them it would come the big change? Really?😂

7 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

How many do you think are illegal here? I reckon a few dozen. And without them it would come the big change? Really?😂

By 'here' do you mean Pattaya or all of Thailand? 

I suspect many more either way actually. The construction projects probably hold many. 

23 hours ago, sungod said:

How does it differ exactly from any other large Thai town?

(apart from excellent schools, healthcare, shopping, restaurants, sporting activities that is)

ive seen more than half the country well id say most, Pattaya is a <deleted> hole compared to the rest, we are talking the main areas, but in Pattaya's case its everywhere, its a mess they dont fix anything in Pattaya just spending money on the beach a covered walk way at the pier and neglect everything else, ripping up roads constantly then bad refurbishment of the road, if you ride a motorbike around Pattaya you quickly find all the uneven roads including pot holes, im seeing new holes every few days. They ripped a stretch of Suk at a cross road, for what I dont know and replaced the asphalt  with concrete and did a <deleted> job marrying it to one and other, they have done it in a few places, for what purpose? well some its laying storm water pipes other places we left scratching our heads.

No its way better everywhere else in Thailand but here, throw in traffic management, I live under 5 ks from Central Festival one time 45min another time 1 hr to get home on leaving, yet im there in 10 to 20 min depending on traffic and thats driving.

I spent years staying in BKK normally 2 to 3 month stays every year, and I like BKK but when I decided to retire and live here decided to move to a sea side city, id only visited Pattaya maybe 4 or 5 times in 18 ys, it was down to Hua Hin or Pattaya, Hua Hin on long weekends the traffic is horrendous, once it took 7 hrs to drive from BKK to HH, then trying to get out of my Airbnb and go for dinner, that memory stayed with me.

Ive tripped a few times walking on there footpaths in and around Pattaya, one time I smashed my $400 smart watch in a fall, never in BKK or anywhere else, decided going for walks here was like trying to doge Hamas rockets so bought a treadmill, that day it took an hour to get home from Central when I got back to my condo called the agent that sold me my condo and listed it, so yeah im voting with my feet im moving to Sattahip next year...

2 hours ago, Njoku said:

ive seen more than half the country well id say most, Pattaya is a <deleted> hole compared to the rest, we are talking the main areas, but in Pattaya's case its everywhere, its a mess they dont fix anything in Pattaya just spending money on the beach a covered walk way at the pier and neglect everything else, ripping up roads constantly then bad refurbishment of the road, if you ride a motorbike around Pattaya you quickly find all the uneven roads including pot holes, im seeing new holes every few days. They ripped a stretch of Suk at a cross road, for what I dont know and replaced the asphalt  with concrete and did a <deleted> job marrying it to one and other, they have done it in a few places, for what purpose? well some its laying storm water pipes other places we left scratching our heads.

No its way better everywhere else in Thailand but here, throw in traffic management, I live under 5 ks from Central Festival one time 45min another time 1 hr to get home on leaving, yet im there in 10 to 20 min depending on traffic and thats driving.

I spent years staying in BKK normally 2 to 3 month stays every year, and I like BKK but when I decided to retire and live here decided to move to a sea side city, id only visited Pattaya maybe 4 or 5 times in 18 ys, it was down to Hua Hin or Pattaya, Hua Hin on long weekends the traffic is horrendous, once it took 7 hrs to drive from BKK to HH, then trying to get out of my Airbnb and go for dinner, that memory stayed with me.

Ive tripped a few times walking on there footpaths in and around Pattaya, one time I smashed my $400 smart watch in a fall, never in BKK or anywhere else, decided going for walks here was like trying to doge Hamas rockets so bought a treadmill, that day it took an hour to get home from Central when I got back to my condo called the agent that sold me my condo and listed it, so yeah im voting with my feet im moving to Sattahip next year...

Pretty much everything you describe has happened to me all over Thailand. I worked in Bangkok, horrible place to get around.

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I suspect many more either way actually. The construction projects probably hold many. 

Actually I doubt you'll find a lot of illegal immigrants on building sites. Always I realized police checking the sites. 

Apart of these, if there are any, we're talking of overstayers? A handful I'd say.

Can't compare Bangkok to Pattaya roads.  

Bangkok is the capital of course it would have better infrastructure, especially around the government, popular and wealthy areas.

Family business is road construction in USA.  The repairs either are not compacting the base support layers, they are not the right material, or material depth is not adequate.  They may need to check the drainage pipes at the joints.  Some areas seem to have settlement that could be caused by the base layer washing threw a pipe that is not joined correctly.

4 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Literally thousands and they are protected by the hi so's because they do all their menial domestic jobs that Thais won't do. They also work harder and are paid less than Thais. My wife and my step daughter both have different cheap food shops, so that's where I get my info from.

3 hours ago, Njoku said:

Pattaya is a <deleted> hole compared to the rest, we are talking the main areas, but in Pattaya's case its everywhere

Lovely place, really. Note:

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Pretty much everything you describe has happened to me all over Thailand. I worked in Bangkok, horrible place to get around.

3 hours ago, Njoku said:

Ive tripped a few times walking on there footpaths in and around Pattaya, one time I smashed my $400 smart watch in a fall, never in BKK or anywhere else,

Need to look where you're going. Stop lookin' at all them hot wimmen around. G-Shock watch. Trekking shoes to ensure successful pavement adaptation. Here: MERRELL Moab Speed 2 Men's Hiking Shoes. Jeans to prevent skint knees. Enough with the sandals and cargo shorts.

image.png.724ada65135d57c54740522de6e296aa.png

3 hours ago, Njoku said:

so bought a treadmill, that day it took an hour to get home from Central

Very convenient in the rainy season. 'Course, you could just use the one at the gym, or, better, a recumbent bike, and do the lifting you need.

Shop at Central during the week, not weekends or holidays. Or just take a Bolt and chill.

3 hours ago, Njoku said:

I got back to my condo called the agent that sold me my condo and listed it, so yeah im voting with my feet im moving to Sattahip next year...

Whoops. ANF Real Estate Experts could have told you that you can't sell that condo in a glutted market full of expats desperate to sell and heading for exits. There go your life savings.

Sattahip's too far from the paradise of Pattaya.🙂 Closer to U-Tapao and Sirikit, that's about it. Yeah, I think I'll just stay here by the beach in Pattaya. Cheers!

Edited by BigStar
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Mason45 said:

Literally thousands and they are protected by the hi so's because they do all their menial domestic jobs that Thais won't do. They also work harder and are paid less than Thais. My wife and my step daughter both have different cheap food shops, so that's where I get my info from.

I still have my doubts. To find an accomodation they need their ID, and when they have children, the school needs personal details. Opening a bank account or buying a bike/insurance will require an ID.

Almost impossible without registration. 

On 9/27/2024 at 7:23 PM, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Pattaya authorities detained several illegal immigrant beggars on Thursday to protect the city’s world-class tourism image.

At 6:00 PM on September 26th, Chonburi Immigration, Pattaya City officials, and the Chonburi Provincial Social Development and Human Security Office, jointly launched a crackdown on illegal immigrants begging in Pattaya. The authorities said the beggars were causing damage to the image of the city, which is a world-class tourist destination.

Officials inspected areas around Wat Chaimongkol on Pattaya Second Road and along Pattaya Beach, both of which are popular with tourists. They said immigrants had been using these locations to beg for money from tourists, causing annoyance.

Some even brought small children with them, which authorities suspected might not belong to them and could be victims of a human trafficking network. Others were elderly, and some appeared disabled to evoke sympathy from passersby. They would sit on the sidewalks, reaching out for money as tourists walked past them.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 

-- 2024-09-27

news-footer-3.png

image.png

:cheesy: Totally cracks me up how Thai media think if they spin enough BS people will believe it, it's an insult to anyone's intelligence, wise up and start being honest.

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They’ve probably built all the condos we live in ! 

On 9/27/2024 at 7:23 PM, webfact said:

At 6:00 PM on September 26th, Chonburi Immigration, Pattaya City officials, and the Chonburi Provincial Social Development and Human Security Office, jointly launched a crackdown on illegal immigrants begging in Pattaya. The authorities said the beggars were causing damage to the image of the city, which is a world-class tourist destination.

Oh no! It will take them out of the running for Pattaya t,he compassionate city.  

"Hey Somchai, let's go find some people who haven't eaten and are begging for food, and we can have some fun."

Edited by Gobbler

11 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

I still have my doubts. To find an accomodation they need their ID, and when they have children, the school needs personal details. Opening a bank account or buying a bike/insurance will require an ID.

Almost impossible without registration. 

I doubt they have any of the above, they all live in shanty style accomodation on the outskirts of town with other illegals. They don't live they exist, their kids don't go to school. They live day to day so they don't need bank accounts. They ride second hand unregistered bikes without a license, It's probably no hardship for them as conditions here are similar to where they came from without the political unrest, military violence etc.