White Culture

31 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

You Americans are stark raving mad if you believe that is an insult.

I wasn't speaking for all or most Americans at all. I was speaking about my specific cultural background which is quite different from what is on that chart. I suppose along with white bread we would describe the values in that chart, as WASPY. Not necessarily in derision but in recognition of differences from that dominant culture, which has indeed been dominant, but less so over time.

The Meaning Behind Calling Someone a Wasp: Unveiling the Implications and Origins | NEURALWORD

Edited by Jingthing

Clearly there are maga / Fox News types that have reactionary responses to even discussing such things that are in the chart. They tend to believe in "free speech" like giving voice to Nazis and Putin lovers but if it's something they disagree with or feel threatened by, they tend to change their tune.

• Like 1

I see this graphic is from the National Museum of African American History and Culture.  It's good to see that they are acknowledging the superiority of white people.  I trust that the African Americans are now going to respect the natural order of things and go back to being slaves.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I would put forward that nearly all major contributions to mankind have come from white men. 
credit where credit due Freddy. 

Fine to be friendly with women and people from other races. They have overall benefitted from our inventions, electricity, planes, trains and automobiles etc and advances in modern medicine that has increased life expectancy for all.

Unfortunately jealousy rears its ugly head and we don’t get the credits and accolades we deserve. 

A big Thankyou to the white men and all you have done for us. 

I think it's the other way around. Others don't get the credit they deserve/d. Does stealing, raping and pillaging from other nations count? Steal the resources from another land and then pretend that you made a new discovery.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

What's your point OP? 

I don't know about you, but I'm living in Thailand surrounded by a bunch of extremely nationalistic people who believe that "Thainess" is the most important aspect of there lives and they loath allowing all non-Thai into their "Thai" country lest it dilute that "Thainess", so in response they maintain some of the most draconian immigration laws in the world to keep all other ethnicities from settling in the country.  Do you see any African or Middle Eastern refugees being welcomed with open arms here in Thailand? Nope. 

The only meaning "Whiteness" has here is that "whiter" skin tends to convey social status (more to do with the fact that darker skinned Thais historically work outside while "white skinned" Thais need not labor in the sun at all), and white "farang" make good ATM machines.

If you have an issue with ethnic superiority, try addressing Thainess right here in your own backyard (if you actually live here - you may not for all I know).

Most "white" people I know in the US are normal people trying to live a good life, although I'll admit that a tiny F'ed-up minority of "whites" in the US are "white supremacists."

With that said, here in Thailand virtually all Thai consider their "Thainess" to be superior to other ethnicities and most are "Thai supremacists," yet those exact same people who will criticize those of European descent of being "white supremacists" for no other reason than they lack melanin in their skin, will completely give overt "Thai supremacists" a pass - in fact they'll defend Thai supremacy. 

I'm going to be blunt:  Skin color does not determine a human being's sense of humanity, empathy, and compassion for other human beings.  Racism and ethnic superiority are learned behaviors and are perpetuated through societal norms. Racism against all non-Thais is the institutional norm in Thailand. We live in one of the most ethnically superior countries in the world.  Try addressing the problem in our own backyard instead of dragging this nonsense about "white privilege" 14000 miles across the Pacific and South China Sea. 

We farang are marshmallows in a boiling sea of Jasmin tea.

This is so true, even in the Caribbean, when I was living there the locals saw their own culture as superior, not blackness as such though, but Caribbean character, they saw themselves, as more honest, sweeter, more trustworthy and nicer than white people.

The Slavs clearly think they are superior to the degenerate West, and if you go to Somalia I would not be surprised the Somalians found a reason to think themselves superior in some way.

Of course none of this precludes that a particularly people is not actually superior, objectively, rather than subjectively.

• Haha 1

Just now, Foxx said:

I see this graphic is from the National Museum of African American History and Culture.  It's good to see that they are acknowledging the superiority of white people.  I trust that the African Americans are now going to respect the natural order of things and go back to being slaves.

It's 'interesting' that you view it from that perspective...

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I would put forward that nearly all major contributions to mankind have come from white men. 

Fine to be friendly with women and people from other races. They have overall benefitted from our inventions, electricity, planes, trains and automobiles etc and advances in modern medicine that has increased life expectancy for all.

Unfortunately jealousy rears its ugly head and we don’t get the credits and accolades we deserve. 

How little you know, Bagdad was the metropol of invention and science 1200 years ago, and Persia is the crypt of the first civilization 4000 years ago roughly 

So, 

40 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Duplicate

Edited by johnnybangkok

36 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

“All major contributions to mankind have come from white men”, so we’re just excluding China, The Middle East and all of the rest of Asia?
Or are you just not referring to them because they’re not, you know, black?

41 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Duplicate

Edited by johnnybangkok

39 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Edited by johnnybangkok

11 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

This is so true, even in the Caribbean, when I was living there the locals saw their own culture as superior, not blackness as such though, but Caribbean character, they saw themselves, as more honest, sweeter, more trustworthy and nicer than white people.

The Slavs clearly think they are superior to the degenerate West, and if you go to Somalia I would not be surprised the Somalians found a reason to think themselves superior in some way.

Of course none of this precludes that a particularly people is not actually superior, objectively, rather than subjectively.

Thais too

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

Thais too

Yes, and whilst Thais are a delightful people, I have to confess, I have trouble following their superiority narrative.

Even if they are clearly more civilized, friendlier and trustworthy than most White people, I woud still struggle to buy into a superiority narrative from Thais.

Physically, intellectually, culturally, the Thais are respectable but in terms of superiority to others, even in Asia it would be hard to make that claim pass muster objectively. The same with similar claims in the Caribbean.

For a nation to claim to be superior, they would have to have some serious claim to physical, intellectual and cultural superiority.

Not just one based on sentimentality or emotion.

6 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

“All major contributions to mankind have come from white men”, so we’re just excluding China, The Middle East and all of the rest of Asia?
Or are you just not referring to them because they’re not, you know, black?

I said nearly which you conveniently left out. 
The Asians are good at copying our stuff. 

please give me a list of the great inventions and innovations by non white males.

We could easily live without them, but they would be stuffed without us. 
They wouldn’t even have cars,refrigerators,electricity or internet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hummin said:

How little you know, Bagdad was the metropol of invention and science 1200 years ago, and Persia is the crypt of the first civilization 4000 years ago roughly 

So, 

Yeah, they are doing well. 
can you actually list some of those wonderful inventions.

21 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I think it's the other way around. Others don't get the credit they deserve/d. Does stealing, raping and pillaging from other nations count? Steal the resources from another land and then pretend that you made a new discovery.

Sure, white people did that also. Part of our superiority.

what is your point?

7 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

please give me a list of the great inventions and innovations by non white males.

Monotheism, Christianity and such trifles as the alphabet spring to mind, but there's also:

Printing press: China. 

Geometry: Mesopotamian and Egyptian.

Gunpowder: China.

Paper: China, 

Ball bearing: Been used since ancient times; Mesopotamian and Egyptian and others.

Early writing systems: Mesopotamia and Phoenicians

Calculus: Elements of calculus can be found on ancient Egypt, Greece, China, and the Middle East.

Crubile steel: India and Sri Lanka 1st millennium.

Carbon steel: Invented by the Haya people around 100 AD and other ironworking technology.

The concept of zero: Mesoamerica, India

Calendars: ancient Sumerian

Cryptocurrency: Japan

Edited by Cameroni
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Yeah, they are doing well. 
can you actually list some of those wonderful inventions.

7 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

I said nearly which you conveniently left out. 

Here, educate yourself

https://qz.com/735731/dear-steve-king-here-are-some-things-not-invented-by-white-people-in-the-us-or-europe

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

This nonsense was trotted out before, to attack the quality of German goods in the 19th century, when Germans were copying  British products. As it turned out Germans were better at making products than the British and BMW now own Rolls Royce. It is already apparent that the same applies to Asian products made in China, and Chinese innovations will far exceed anything the British, Americans or Germans came up with. They are already filing more patents than the Americans.

• Haha 1

Given the number of white people who are anti-vaxxer, anti-mask, anti-fluoridation climate change denying MAGA conspiracy theorists, I'd say emphasis on the scientific method was thrown under the bus a long time ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JimTripper said:

IMG_0691.jpeg

The assumptions are invalid. Some are laughable. For example, "heavy focus on the British Empire." Seriously?

Germans were once one of the largest ethnic groups in the USA. They now account for 12% of the US ethnic background. Italians are 6% . Neither has historically had much focus on the British Empire. 

Latinos make up 19% of the US population. Its a mix of multiple cultures . Spanish and many South Americans cannot be compared to cultures such as Hondurans or Mexican. A large portion of the population is  "European" in its culture. And then you have the Asian cultures. The work and value ethics of Koreans and japanese can hardly be compared to those of some other Asians.

13 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

This nonsense was trotted out before, to attack the quality of German goods in the 19th century, when Germans were copying  British products. As it turned out Germans were better at making products than the British and BMW now own Rolls Royce. It is already apparent that the same applies to Asian products made in China, and Chinese innovations will far exceed anything the British, Americans or Germans came up with. They are already filing more patents than the Americans.

You selected  a poor illustration. German  automakers  have fallen into the disgrace that once characterized the US automakers.    

BMW Reliability Rating: Reliability rating based on the cost, frequency, and severity of actual repairs.

BMW Reliability Rating Breakdown

The BMW Reliability Rating is 2.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 30th out of 32 for all car brands. This rating is based on an average across 345 unique models. 

The China (and India) rely on theft of intellectual property. Western nations, especially universities are their accomplices. In their lust for  foreign student fees, western universities have taken in people who have copied and stolen intellectual property. Canada and the USA have been particularly harmed by Chinese agents posing as students and workers.

47 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Even if they are clearly more civilized, friendlier and trustworthy than most White people, I woud still struggle to buy into a superiority narrative from Thais.

You must have met different Thais than me.

99% of them, I wouldn't describe this way, especially compared to Westerners.

47 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

For a nation to claim to be superior, they would have to have some serious claim to physical, intellectual and cultural superiority.

The Scots invented more than any other nation, so I would say it would well be them.

Edited by FruitPudding

2 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

You must have met different Thais than me.

99% of them, I wouldn't describe this way, especially conpared to Westerners.

The Scots invented more than any other nation, so I would say it would well be them.

It's a fact that Scots and the Scottish diaspora has been amazing.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

Monotheism, Christianity and such trifles as the alphabet spring to mind, but there's also:

Printing press: China. 

Geometry: Mesopotamian and Egyptian.

Gunpowder: China.

Paper: China, 

Ball bearing: Been used since ancient times; Mesopotamian and Egyptian and others.

Early writing systems: Mesopotamia and Phoenicians

Calculus: Elements of calculus can be found on ancient Egypt, Greece, China, and the Middle East.

Crubile steel: India and Sri Lanka 1st millennium.

Carbon steel: Invented by the Haya people around 100 AD and other ironworking technology.

The concept of zero: Mesoamerica, India

Calendars: ancient Sumerian

Cryptocurrency: Japan

Nobody beats Scotland

images (52).jpeg

images (53).jpeg

And the Scottish Enlightenment gave birth to numerous influential philosophical, political, and economic theories, such as the birth of capitalism and the modern banking system.....even modern day application of democracy.

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Like 1