Aseannow readership / activity

1happykamper

1 minute ago, simon43 said:

Here for more than 21 years (OMG!). The worst aspect in the decline of this forum are (IMHO), the trolls, the forum shills and the excruciating AI news posts... (all which have flourished in recently).

Only 18 for me. The quality has declined, the quantity has declined = an increase in the crap to posts ratio

4 minutes ago, bubblegum said:
55 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Much improved since I first joined. 

And a big shout to the mods who tirelessly volunteer their time for us all.

Says one of those mentioned above.

Well we dare not Criticize them 🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐🤐

It is now a cagematch between retirees and Progressives. We have seen the rise of the Political Commissars who try to exert control and self censorship by screaming racism or whatever at any poster who doesn't share their psychopathology. I am not a member of their cult and am very resistent to having cult beliefs forced upon me.

There are still some high level people posting here but a lot are gone and I think they left Thailand , not just this forum.

I started posting again once the moderation became reasonable with the change in ownership.

With so many ways of staying here LT other than ON Imm being closed off there are a lot less visa related posts.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've been on here around 10 years too. I notice the topics have reduced in quality, but at the same time I don't start any riveting topics either. There's not that many expats in my local area on here that could help with local questions and the more general questions have usually already been asked and answered. 

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

It is now a cagematch between retirees and Progressives. We have seen the rise of the Political Commissars who try to exert control and self censorship by screaming racism or whatever at any poster who doesn't share their psychopathology. I am not a member of their cult and am very resistent to having cult beliefs forced upon me.

There are still some high level people posting here but a lot are gone and I think they left Thailand , not just this forum.

I started posting again once the moderation became reasonable with the change in ownership.

With so many ways of staying here LT other than ON Imm being closed off there are a lot less visa related posts.

Explain “ high level people “.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Add to that the enormous amount of invasive popup ads that make it difficult to read topics cuz the page keeps changing size and moving the focus of where you are looking, and it's made it a nuisance instead of a positive experience.

Sure, one has to be Brave to face all these popups.

• Haha 1

There was a recent thread on auto window tinting.  For grins, I used the new and improved search function and came up with about a dozen similar threads since about 2000 and something.  Just about every one of them, including the new thread, ended up devolving into a pissing contest.  Mostly between those who suggest that tinting may reduce visibility at night, and those who claim that dark tinting looks cool, they see just fine and the old farts should just crawl off somewhere and die. 

I did get the sense that the more recent threads went off the rails in fewer posts, but that's not a scientific analysis.

And I do appreciate that the search function seems to work  a lot better...

I have pretty much given up using the site on a smartphone.  It's almost impossible to see around the ads, and even more frustrating to type when the ads creep up and block the entry area.

Edited by impulse

54 minutes ago, impulse said:

I have pretty much given up using the site on a smartphone.  It's almost impossible to see around the ads, and even more frustrating to type when the ads creep up and block the entry area.

You just have to put a "brave" face on and all your frustrations will disappear.