Explaining The Price Difference

RKASA

Getting stright to the point. Tax payer gets a brake. This is done all over the world not just in Thailand.

exp. The Zoo in Tacoma, Washington USA cost $36.00 day pass. Show ID with local address and you get a free day pass. The park and Zoo are funded with tax dollars, your tax dollars. If you don't live in town you get your chance to donate at the gate. This is what is done in many places around Thailand. Please report privete business that do it, That is braking the law.

Getting stright to the point. Tax payer gets a brake. This is done all over the world not just in Thailand.

exp. The Zoo in Tacoma, Washington USA cost $36.00 day pass. Show ID with local address and you get a free day pass. The park and Zoo are funded with tax dollars, your tax dollars. If you don't live in town you get your chance to donate at the gate. This is what is done in many places around Thailand. Please report privete business that do it, That is braking the law.

But we're not in Kansas anymore Toto..

I show my Thai drivers license at the gates and 99% of the time pay the local price. :o

That all sounds nice and wonderful. But what about the Thais living overseas who do not pay taxes in Thailand. Should they get a free ride because they are Thai? How about those in the underground economy, who do not pay taxes. How should they be classified? And do not forget the foreign workers... I would be willing to bet that some are being charged more even after they present their Working Permit.

Personally, I think the administration of dual pricing is absolute crap. No consistent policy. Just be Thai and get the discount.

Ya'll have a nice evening! :o

Let's all join hands and chant the mantra... "One price for all, One price for all, One price for all" :D

TheWalkingMan

Why is "Senior Citizen" pricing OK? That's dual pricing that discriminates against young people.

Almost every country in the world (maybe with the exception of some western European countries) practices some form of dual pricing. It's the only fair way for most countries to allow their own tax paying citizens to enjoy their own country's attactions. If they aren't paying taxes that they should be, then that's a differnet problem.

How many of you that are complaining about dual pricing in Thailand are paying taxes here?

Yes, you are subsidizing the National Parks, the Zoo, etc here. The Thais are subsidizing everything else for you.

But we're not in Kansas anymore Toto..

I show my Thai drivers license at the gates and 99% of the time pay the local price. :o

Where can you procure a fake Thai drivers license? Loi Kroh? Khao San Road?

What if you just tell them you are "luk kreung" -- that seems to work at Mangaylay/The Blackout/Scratching @ Ya-Baa Bugs to circumvent the falang cover charges...

Edited by JoshMyPickle