Is Playing Online Poker For Fun Okay?

pattyboy

I was wondering if anybody knows the government's policy on registering at online poker sites like Party Poker or Full Tilt to play some cyber-opponents for ONLY for fun -- no actual money account established. Is it against the law? I remember reading here about changes in laws relating to internet access (more scrutinizing) and would hate to have the police bust down my door because they think I'm breaking the law by gambling. :o

here's the facts..

party poker etc allow free plays however they will require

some bank details. Make sure these detials come from a country

which allows on line gambling. The uk and some eu countries allow this

but the usa still does not ( if you want to play for free then play on yahoo!)

100 % ok.

This question was asked in a back issue of the gazette a few months back, and the responce from the relevant Thai authority stated that as long it did not involve money it was perfectly legal.

ps what site u play on ? might just teach you a thing or two ? :o

pps if your interested mid sept theres a trip to the andaman club for three days for some nl tourneys. People from phuket,bangkok,pattaya, confirmed.

should be around 30-50 people. trip includes transport, accomadation.

sounds pretty good , spoke to the organiser the other day and put myself down.

100 % ok.

This question was asked in a back issue of the gazette a few months back, and the responce from the relevant Thai authority stated that as long it did not involve money it was perfectly legal.

ps what site u play on ? might just teach you a thing or two ? :o

pps if your interested mid sept theres a trip to the andaman club for three days for some nl tourneys. People from phuket,bangkok,pattaya, confirmed.

should be around 30-50 people. trip includes transport, accomadation.

sounds pretty good , spoke to the organiser the other day and put myself down.

Thanks for the info!

I don't play any sites right now -- perhaps I'll register at "full Tilt Poker" or "Party Poker" (suggestions?). I'm a budding Texas Hold em player -- getting my practice playing "Stacked", but I want to try out what I've learned against some real opponents. I've also watched all the "High Stakes Poker" and "World Series of Poker" broadcasts I can get my hands on.

I love the game and would really like to play in the tourneys you mentioned. Unfortunately, I'll be working while it's happening.

Edited by pattyboy