Pub Crawl Suggestions?

I'll be arriving on Samui next week the morning of Friday Aug 31st. That evening or the next I'll be ready for a pub crawl. You guys have any suggestions/favorites? I'll be staying at Lakeview Bungalows but am interested in the best places, not necessarily the closest.

If you want a good pub crawl, leave your scooter at one side of Lamai and try to walk through to the other. It's a worthy challenge, especially trying to get past the lady-boy bar unscathed, whew!!! :D:o

If you can get past Fusion in the middle of Lamai I'll buy you a beer myself :D

Edited by malcolmswaine

Red Fox to see Alan. Geez, is Fusion still there? Rising Sun? Churchill's...

Rising Sun is no more. Last time I looked there was a big gap where it used to be.

just start at any town you fancy and let them drag you in ,have fun :o

Sorry, but are these Bungalows in Lamai? Isn't it the "Lakeview Residence" now "Nora Lakeview Hotel"?

If so, don't worry, just across the road is Tropical Murphys (Irish Pub) and Chaweng has so many Pubs and Bars that you certainly will crawl after you have visited them all and done it right! :o

Edited by Samuian

If you can get past Fusion in the middle of Lamai I'll buy you a beer myself :o

Fusion doesn't really have anyone inside until about the time the bars close (2am) so you should be able to get that free beer easily.

Churchhill's is still there, blocking the sidewalk with its sandwich board; The Rising Sun has set in favor of ugly block shops (the current rage in Lamai); Red Fox is now on the "walking lane" but is just another coughed-up bar in a concrete bunker; and as far as the "lady-boy bar," I don't know what this might mean unless it's the folks on gravel lane next to Fusion dressed in their cabaret outfits trying to lure customers in to see the shows.

The basic ingredient for a craw is booze and every place has exactly the same stock so anywhere is as good as anywhere else.

Edited by Mark Wolfe

Sorry, but are these Bungalows in Lamai? Isn't it the "Lakeview Residence" now "Nora Lakeview Hotel"?

If so, don't worry, just across the road is Tropical Murphys (Irish Pub) and Chaweng has so many Pubs and Bars that you certainly will crawl after you have visited them all and done it right! :o

Lakeview Bungalows is on lakeside road in Chaweng.

...Lakeview Bungalows is on lakeside road in Chaweng.

:D see, thought so... wondered why all the hints from lamai bars came in.. thought there was a double..guess a pub crawl through chaweng is much more rewarding!

Always someone hwo want's to promote their own bars. :o

In which case I'd have thought your best bet is to simply take the short cut to Soi Green Mango. Don't think it really matters which direction you head in once you hit the beach road, if you ever make it that far. Think the next Black Moon party is on the 5th, you'll have no trouble hearing when it starts

Edited by goldfish

...Always someone hwo want's to promote their own bars. :D

:D I call this an 'inventive' way of marketing - but it certainly lacks efficiency and shows that there is no understanding of how to use the tools of promotion and advertising! :o

at least has the OP got some sort of information here....

I know we've established that the OP's imminent pub crawl will probably be on Chaweng; but i'll be going on a similar escapade on Lamai in a couple of weeks. Where are the best places to imbibe? what's Churchills like? i know one man's meat is another man's poison, but can anyone give me a few general pointers?