Non Landline Internet

canuckamuck

The building I work out of has had internet trouble for at least the last four years. We even redid the phone wiring inside of the building at one point to see if we could figure out the problem. We have also changed services, and beefed up our service to no avail. We are convinced now that the trouble is out at the pole, but it seems the signal is good enough that TTT says it's fine. If this were true, staff members wouldn't have to go to internet café's to do larger uploads.

Anyhow, I am searching for alternatives to land line internet connections. I have seen people with air cards in the laptops, is there a beefier version of this that someone could use to provide internet to a network of 10 – 15 computers? What other options are there for non phone line internet in Thailand?

With that many PC you need to go with Sat. IPStar contact ToT or a few other ISP they have alot of diff. packages. An IPstar modem can do up to 5.9mb, but I don't know how much they will open it up. Most private user don't get more then a 1mb service. Best thing is No Phone lines are involved at all. Up link goes to sat then down to north of BKK then up and out again. Mine is only 256k but has worked just fine 24/7.

I live just outside Phitsanulok and for seven years have waited for phone service. It never came. We just got cell phone in the area a year ago, before that had to drive down the road to the old dead tree site and park to use the cell phone. Sometimes would be 10 people parked there at the same time. I now have Sat. and it provides phone service as well. Many places north don't have things like running water, or phones, and we're talking right close to town. They want it, but its not BKK so its assumed they don't need it. :o

The building I work out of has had internet trouble for at least the last four years. We even redid the phone wiring inside of the building at one point to see if we could figure out the problem. We have also changed services, and beefed up our service to no avail. We are convinced now that the trouble is out at the pole, but it seems the signal is good enough that TTT says it's fine. If this were true, staff members wouldn't have to go to internet café's to do larger uploads.

Anyhow, I am searching for alternatives to land line internet connections. I have seen people with air cards in the laptops, is there a beefier version of this that someone could use to provide internet to a network of 10 – 15 computers? What other options are there for non phone line internet in Thailand?

What is your network? Private or corporate?

If the last one forget IP-Star! Because for corporate networks you need to have stable system without corrupted data, packet loss and other of this terrible things!

For private with 1 or 2 computer may good enough!

Also check the montly cost which will be NOT cheap!