Non Im B From Home Country

I was reading somewhere that it may be possible to post my passport back to my home country (UK) and have someone there forward a postal application to thai consulate for me to get a 1 yr non im B or O, then post it back to me. would it be possible to do this from, say, cambodia? laos?

immigration at bkk airport will see my in and out of cambodia/lao stamps, and the date of visa issued.

will it be a problem?

the 30 day visa runs are a real pain.

thanks in advance.

Edited by mushepea

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140273

on this thread it was suggested it might be ok? I assume the advice given there is wrong or risky?

I wouldn't be doing it Trader. Thai law says you must be in the jurisdiction of the Embassy / Consulate where the application is made. Go to Thailand via Australia and get the visa there.

I wouldn't be doing it Trader. Thai law says you must be in the jurisdiction of the Embassy / Consulate where the application is made. Go to Thailand via Australia and get the visa there.

Ok thanks. I am a new zealander so may as well go to new zealand for a week and get it there.. any potential problems? Just thinking to save on hotel fees etc as I suppose in australia I have to go to canberra?

Another question: I phoned the NZ embassy and they said I need a police clearance even though I am working at a univeristy? Did they get it wrong?

Ok thanks. I am a new zealander so may as well go to new zealand for a week and get it there.. any potential problems? Just thinking to save on hotel fees etc as I suppose in australia I have to go to canberra?

Another question: I phoned the NZ embassy and they said I need a police clearance even though I am working at a univeristy? Did they get it wrong?

I did this in June to Perth, Phuket to Bangkok return flight was less than 18,000B return with airasia. Strangely it was cheaper to book it in 2 lots i.e. Phuket to Singapore then Singapore to Perth rather than as one ticket on exact same flights. Perth consulate issued the non imm b multi entry visa quickly -submitted on Tuesday picked up on Thursday - just need a supportng letter faxed over on advance.