Shop Fires On Beach Road

chiang mai

About three weeks ago a fire gutted a series of shops on Beach Road about one block North of Bangla, Two days ago fire destroyed a whole bunch of shops on Beach Road some three blocks South of Bangla. Now I realize that fires can happen anywhere at any time but I wonder is this not too much of a coincidence. Are we seeing land owners wanting old tenants out or could insurance claims be the name of the game? On the other hand it could simply be bad luck and a coincidence, but I suspect not.

I asked my Thai language teacher (who is Thai) about the fire as I had not seen anything mentioned about it. She said it happened at about 4am on Monday and that Patong does have alot of fires. I said whether it was electrical or just the landlord wanting rid of the tennants but she didn't reply so I'm still none the wiser :o

I asked my Thai language teacher (who is Thai) about the fire as I had not seen anything mentioned about it. She said it happened at about 4am on Monday and that Patong does have alot of fires. I said whether it was electrical or just the landlord wanting rid of the tennants but she didn't reply so I'm still none the wiser :o

A bottle of Heineken says we see at least one more of the same in the same area in the next month, what do you say?

A bottle of Heineken says we see at least one more of the same in the same area in the next month, what do you say?

If it happens within 3 weeks you better make that two bottles :D

You sure your not confusing the Bangkok hotel fire last night ?? Find it hard to think that a couple of beach vendors shop houses would get international play.

Also gazette mentions nothing about hotel fire.. Only the shop houses near holiday inn resort..

I think its the very same ones that had a fire a little while back.. Smells like a landlord shifting on tenants to me.. Why do these things always catch fire in the wee small hours.

You sure your not confusing the Bangkok hotel fire last night ?? Find it hard to think that a couple of beach vendors shop houses would get international play.

Also gazette mentions nothing about hotel fire.. Only the shop houses near holiday inn resort..

I think its the very same ones that had a fire a little while back.. Smells like a landlord shifting on tenants to me.. Why do these things always catch fire in the wee small hours.

It was on the news here on Tuesday morning.....before the Bangkok fire....which funnily was not on the news here...I read about that on News.com

It distinctly said Phuket....I spent an hour looking for a reference in the BKK Post, here on TV and also News.com...but there was nothing till I saw this thread.

It said it was a hotel fire and the three shops were burnt as a result of that.

Go take a look, if you can. It looks like around five shops long but it's not possible to see how deep it all goes. Yes, it's next to the hotel and none of this has anything to do with the hotel fire in Bangkok. BUT, the cause might not be dissimilar. Yes, fire - for money.