Passport For New Born ,oz

catwho

given that he will have one Thai parent, the child will automatically be born a Thai national and the Thai birth certificate will say so on the top right hand corner. You should get the Thai birth certificate translated into english and then certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (consular section) as this will be needed for the Australian PP.

The child will not be an Australian until you register him with the embassy and a Extract of Birth is issued by the embassy (2 week wait) stating that your child is an Australian citizenship by decent. Costs about $80 as I recal. You do this at the migration section of the Aust. embassy.

Once the certificate is issued, you take that, the translated BC, your passport, a completed and witnessed application, your marriage cert and whatever else is on the requirements listed to the consular section of the Australian embassy. The PP also costs about $80 for a child, and will need a photos taken in a certain way for the E-passport.

Once done, child should always exit and re-enter Thailand on the Thai PP and enter and exit OZ on the Aust passport, to negate the need for visas when travelling and staying.

given that he will have one Thai parent, the child will automatically be born a Thai national and the Thai birth certificate will say so on the top right hand corner. You should get the Thai birth certificate translated into english and then certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (consular section) as this will be needed for the Australian PP.

The child will not be an Australian until you register him with the embassy and a Extract of Birth is issued by the embassy (2 week wait) stating that your child is an Australian citizenship by decent. Costs about $80 as I recal. You do this at the migration section of the Aust. embassy.

Once the certificate is issued, you take that, the translated BC, your passport, a completed and witnessed application, your marriage cert and whatever else is on the requirements listed to the consular section of the Australian embassy. The PP also costs about $80 for a child, and will need a photos taken in a certain way for the E-passport.

Once done, child should always exit and re-enter Thailand on the Thai PP and enter and exit OZ on the Aust passport, to negate the need for visas when travelling and staying.

Thanks for that samran,that makes it a bit easier.

cat

While you are waiting for citizenship you can get the passport application online www.passports.gov.au Fill it out and print it before you go for the interview. The photo measurements are on the form too.

be very careful however. Australian passport application forms differ, depending on whether you are applying in-country or overseas. Best to make sure you have the correct one from the embassy.

your marriage cert

How would a marriage certificate to a non Oz national help here? I think they don't care, as long as the birth certificate shows the fact - Oz father.

Oz would never ask you to be married. Having it ready helps, but not essential.

I only remember that we 'needed' it when the girl at the embassy out of the blue demanded that we produce it. It was weird as I don't recal it being on the list of required docs, but I pulled it out and you should have seen the look on her face when it became apparent that I had every piece of documentation on the face of the earth with me....

Strange, but true.