Fired My Gardener Today

Not much more to say... he was a very good guy - seeing what he had to do and did it. But opening the locked tip box with a screw (several times, I have to assume) was too much. Hope that I get a new one soon.

Tip box? Sounds like it is money for the staff? :o

Sure - it is money for the statf - but for all and not only for one.

Good point! Off course, theres is probably a good chanse any thaiguy with little money would be "creative" here if he see the chans. And he did not steel from you. Problem is if you find another gardener he might be as bad in this question but not as good in the garden.

Hard to say, but after all i think you did the right thing here, maybe not for yourself though, but you set an example for the other employees that steeling=sack. And hopefully they will tell the new gardener eventually that this is the case and that you are very serious in this question. Dosent matter how good you are in the garden, you steel, you get sacked, same day.

In the western world this does not have to be learned, its a given fact, hahaha. Funny how we sometimes have to educate these people in things that really should be obvious. Well, they are poor and different and, to there defence, brought up to have a little less moral in order to survive.

Anyway, good luck finding the new guy. :o

In the western world this does not have to be learned, its a given fact, hahaha. Funny how we sometimes have to educate these people in things that really should be obvious. Well, they are poor and different and, to there defence, brought up to have a little less moral in order to survive.

Are you serious? You think theft by employees is a problem limited to Thailand??? And brought up a little less moral, oh please! Apologies if your post was a piss-take.

Are you serious? You think theft by employees is a problem limited to Thailand??? And brought up a little less moral, oh please! Apologies if your post was a piss-take.

Ok. No, off course not limited to Thailand. At least in my country (low moral sweden in many cases) most people would take it as given fact to get fired if any criminal act is performed on work, while i imagine here it would be more of a surprise to get that kind of punishment, i dont know. I was just persuming that if you are brought up in a little bit tougher climat you have to care a little less about right or wrong in order to survive, for instans steeling from a tip-box wich is your friends money and normaly nothing you would do if you werent desperat for money.

Anyway, it was just a way for me to try to understand this behavior. I might be way out........