Wmv Cutter

crabstix

I have some WMV movie files on my PC which need to be cut to remove unwanted sections. What software will do it easily? It can be freeware of paid software. I don't mind which as long as it is easy to use.

Thanks

I don't have an answer for you unfortunately, but http://www.doom9.org/ is an excellent source for video tools for this type of work. Unfortunately, when i last checked long ago there were no tools for to losslessly do this for .wmv files. Good luck.

I second the WIndows Movie Maker option as it's perfect for WMV.

I use another program that is amazing... it will change your movie file to any other movie format - even for Nokia phones, Ipods, or just turn it into an MP3 audio. You can customize the bit rates and it's really sweet. It's called, "SUPER". I believe was completely free.

Get it if you frequently need to change to different formats. It gives great conversions...

I have some WMV movie files on my PC which need to be cut to remove unwanted sections. What software will do it easily? It can be freeware of paid software. I don't mind which as long as it is easy to use.

Thanks

Tmpgenc 4.0 express is what i use. It's simply incredible for it's size. It does cost money though. I tried several other apps b4 and some of them gives me out of synch audio. Either way they can't compare to Tmpgenc.

I second the WIndows Movie Maker option as it's perfect for WMV.

I use another program that is amazing... it will change your movie file to any other movie format - even for Nokia phones, Ipods, or just turn it into an MP3 audio. You can customize the bit rates and it's really sweet. It's called, "SUPER". I believe was completely free.

Get it if you frequently need to change to different formats. It gives great conversions...

agree. Super can get gotten here. And another one freeware for video utilities is VirtualDub.

two very powerful freewares.

agree. Super can get gotten here. And another one freeware for video utilities is VirtualDub.

two very powerful freewares.

I only just realized I have a copy of Super on my computer and forgot about it. Needed something to convert my mobile phone (.3gp) video files to a standard format (.avi) and it does the job nicely.

Microsoft Windows Movie Maker (free).

What would be the best format to change into ?

:o Wiley Coyote

Movie maker handles wmv the best I would say, but output choices are limited.  Mpeg seems to be the most usful but the hardest to get anything change into it mpeg.  (Speaking only in terms of freeware)  avi seems the most in use, but have alot problems using it outside of PCs.  I settled on using avi and a PC.

You may have some luck with ASF Tools 3.1 (free).

http://www.geocities.com/myasftools.

Although, it hasn't been updated in a while.

I'm not sure, but I think Microsoft Windows Movie Maker re-encodes the movie when cutting, so you'll lose quality. Not sure about this point, I know the Win ME version did though. Maybe someone can confirm.

Edited by katana