Brunei's First Female Taxi Driver.

Shrubbery

Bandar Seri Begawan - Meet Madame Heng Siok Ching, the first woman taxi driver in the Sultanate. Formerly a housewife, the 44-year-old mother of six said she was interested in the job and is happy to have become one.

Heng, who got behind the wheels of her taxi two days ago, is from Peripindahan Rimba.

She feels excited about venturing out and picking up passengers around the Brunei-Muara District, including hotels, and is also willing to take them to other districts as well.

"I will also do my part to promote the country's tourism industry," she said.

Her husband, Lim Eng Bin, who is the Airport Service Manager with Thai Airways, said he supports his wife as she is interested in the career. "I have to think positively. At the same time, it could also assist my family in gaining extra income."

Mr Lim said her wife does not worry much about safety as Brunei is a safe place. "Woman passengers would feel safe too if they happen to ride in my wife's taxi," he added.

Courtesy of Borneo Bulletin

Many years ago i still remember i took their first ever taxi service which is charge at Brunei $3 to anywhere within Bandar Seri Begawan, And their bus service is at $1 .

Local people rarely take any public transport average there are 2-4 cars in every house in Brunei .

Public transports in BSB is used by foreigner working there such as filipino,malaysian , thais and etc

Many years ago i still remember i took their first ever taxi service which is charge at Brunei $3 to anywhere within Bandar Seri Begawan, And their bus service is at $1 .

Local people rarely take any public transport average there are 2-4 cars in every house in Brunei .

Public transports in BSB is used by foreigner working there such as filipino,malaysian , thais and etc

Taxis are now a massive rip off. $40 BND to get in to the City Centre. And they wonder why they don't get much business.