Top 10 Richest Footballers .......

scousemouse

Footballers  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This was an intresting question I got put to me by one of my non footballing mates ( there's not that many :o ) , who asked me how much the top footballers are worth :

puma_124x34.jpgThe Top Ten Richest Players in British Football1) David Beckham, 32, LA Galaxy - £112m

2) Michael Owen, 27, Newcastle Utd -£37m

3) Robbie Fowler, 32, Cardiff City -£30m

4) Wayne Rooney, 22, Man Utd -£30m

5) Sol Campbell, 33, Portsmouth -£28m

6) Andriy Shevchenko, 31, Chelsea - £25m

6) Rio Ferdinand, 29, Man Utd - £25m

8. Ryan Giggs, 33, Man Utd - £23m

9) Michael Ballack, 31, Chelsea - £18m

10) Steven Gerrard, 27, Liverpool -£15m

I think they deserve the ridiculous salaries they get and good luck to them :D .

As for the entrepreneurs in the group , Beckham ( all kinds :o ) , Fowler ( scouse lad with his head screwed getting in the real estate game ) Owen ( horses ) and Rooney ( a few adverts !! ) , long as their adventures doesn't affect their form on the pitch then they should be allowed to get on with it , it's when it does affect their game then they need to prioritize.

nice to see robbie is still up there...

we all live in a robbie fowler house, a robbie fowler house, a robbie fowler house.......

i voted - It's gone a bit too far

its the lads getting locked out going the game now that pisses me off, it used to be a workings class mans game, but the great unwashed can no longer afford to pay the ticket prices.

chelsea for instance - 60 pounds min for some games, how could someone afford to pay that on top having a few ales, travel (easy 25+ notes)

and its all to keep the ball rolling so clubs can afford the latest european superstar.

sky ruined football

When I first started watching football as a lad, the great Bill Foulkes worked down the mine all week and turned out for Man Utd on Saturday - not sure that Rio would be up for it.

In my lifetime, top class players wages have gone from too little, to, too much.

Where will it all end I wonder ?

I don't think their wages should be capped. That said, if the club wants to pay exhorbatant wages, they shouldn't do so by charging ridiculous prices to the fans at the gate - the funds should come from elsewhere, and if that means the club can't afford a player, so be it.

Rather than worrying about whether players are paid too much or not, i'd prefer to see concern given to protecting the fans from being taken for a ride. Capping ticket prices would be worth considering.

Never gonna happen, but as a supporter I expect players to earn their wages. In an ideal world if talent equalled success, then it would be only right that the top clubs had the top players and paid the top wages. Performance related pay would help weed out the journeymen who sit in the reserves collecting their rather large salaries. Too many average players earning silly money. Blah blah blah, whinge, whinge, whinge ... Merry Xmas.

The size of the players salary should never affect the price of the tickets :o .

I believe with the top clubs it doesn't affect the price of the tickets as the clubs are making so much money in other avenues , but as you move down the league it certainly does.

I had a mate you went back to the U.K for a while and when he was there he went to watch a WELSH premier league game and the ticket cost 8 squid :D:D .

A bit from the times :

Ticket prices have increased by an estimated 700% since the formation of the Premiership 15 years ago, yet pressure to reduce prices has not been successful because the top clubs' grounds still consistently sell out.

At Blackburn as elsewhere, particularly in the North-west and at Aston Villa and Middlesbrough for some matches, empty spaces have yawned at grounds this season and Williams believes that, with Premier League clubs sharing £2.7bn TV money from next season, prices should be reduced. "We know price is one of the reasons that people are not coming to matches," he said. "Although as a club we have to remain as competitive as we can, we are committing now to returning some of this increase to our paying supporters from next season."

</FONT>

The size of the players salary should never affect the price of the tickets :o .

I believe with the top clubs it doesn't affect the price of the tickets as the clubs are making so much money in other avenues , but as you move down the league it certainly does.

I had a mate you went back to the U.K for a while and when he was there he went to watch a WELSH premier league game and the ticket cost 8 squid :D:D .

Scouse, there is some serious money available even in the lower echelons of the game. I can remember a few seasons ago, and my old man was saying about how much some of the part time players were getting in the Western League, and some were on around 250 quid a game, and a couple on 500. Thats a fair bit of a cash, when you consider this was top up money for most of them.

Have a look at Truro City in Cornwall, up until a couple of years ago, a pretty average non-league team. Thye now have some serious money, and are racing up the leagues, last year they won the FA trophy. They'll be in the Conference in 4 years, but it ain't coming cheap.

BTW, did you watch Rhyl?

I remeber watching Rhyl play Morecombe, some years back in the old unibond league, it was bloody &lt;deleted&gt;, although good fun taking the piss out of some rather rotund guy playing for Morecombe.

Scouse, there is some serious money available even in the lower echelons of the game. I can remember a few seasons ago, and my old man was saying about how much some of the part time players were getting in the Western League, and some were on around 250 quid a game, and a couple on 500. Thats a fair bit of a cash, when you consider this was top up money for most of them.

Have a look at Truro City in Cornwall, up until a couple of years ago, a pretty average non-league team. Thye now have some serious money, and are racing up the leagues, last year they won the FA trophy. They'll be in the Conference in 4 years, but it ain't coming cheap.

BTW, did you watch Rhyl?

I remeber watching Rhyl play Morecombe, some years back in the old unibond league, it was bloody &lt;deleted&gt;, although good fun taking the piss out of some rather rotund guy playing for Morecombe.

Thats why the tickets are expensive :D .

My non league team is Southport as my mate has played ( and still is ) for them for 9 years and he is on 650 squid a week :D:bah: . Not bad for a scouse scally who left school when he was 15.

Thats another thing I miss about blighty , the banter you would get at the non league or Sunday matches .... great fun was always had extracting the urine :bah: .

Every penny - 2 ( scousemouse and .............. ????? )

It's gone a bit too far - 12 ( everyone else :D )

Who is the only one to agree with scousemouse then eh :o:D

Probably David Beckham, think he posts infrequently on Thai Visa :D