Any Good Bars In Bangkok?

jigsaw

I ve been living in Bangkok for 2 years and when it comes to going out there s always the same "limited"choises: It s either kao san road :D or Silom :o or Sukomwit :D . I ve done them all!!! Question is, does anybody know of any other good pubs,bars with chilled electronic music away from the triangle of madness? Share your knowledge please

...Your opinion appreciated but tottaly useless guys. No offence there but maybe you should stick to more "important"issues, like the lenght of hair on thai girls or something...

Thanks for the advice anyway. I ll take it on board :o

Jigsaw, you have to take into account the age range on this forum (physically, not mentally :o ) when talking about tunes.

Chilled electronic music is exactly what it reads - We're talking dance styles like house.

Anyways, afraid I don't know where to mention apart from the main Soi's you've already stated. Looking for a bit of a change myself, so if I find anywhere, I'll be posting it here.

..Your opinion appreciated but tottaly useless guys. No offence there but maybe you should stick to more "important"issues, like the lenght of hair on thai girls or something...

Thanks for the advice anyway. I ll take it on board :o

The average age of this forum is around 40 according to the last poll we had How Old Are You? so please don't get pissy because no one seems to understand the term chilled electronic music. :D

No doubt someone knows exactly what you're talking about and will give you some feedback; but patience. :D

How about getting to the point and answering the dude's question?

Comeon people, get with it: happening bars/areas outside of Suk/Silom/KSR tourist areas, how hard can that be in a 24/7 city of 10 million people??

Current goings on along Ratchada or RCA? I'd like to know myself really.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Stocky- pick up some "Chilled Out in Ibiza" CDS or download them. However they might put you to sleep- I have a hard time keeping my eyes open when that stuff plays.

Rest assured it will be top of the shopping list! :o

yeah, there are a couple of places on ratchada.....

you could always go to some of the thai places that have live bands - Paw Gung Pow have a few over town and are usually worth a trip.

BUt you wont get chilled out music down there... more thai rock and some disco/pop music.

Sukhumvits a big long road.... thonglor 55 has quite a few decent haunts also.

not sure my advice is in your price-range but for good electronic/ambient/chillout tunes i could recommend "the bed" !

quite expensive entry fee at weekends (500 baht or so) but really worth it... international dj's, great ambiance, beautiful people and cause you're literally liying in a bed the perfect chill out experience is guaranteed :D

http://www.bedsupperclub.com/

only disadvantage : ... the prices :o

if u don't mind chillin ALONE, just try this link--

it's my fav online radio station so far

chill-out

and here is the main page--of Beatblender

deep-house & downtempo chill

sorry but frankly

i, so far, never can find the best bar in bangkok

b4

i went clubbing to shake my ass, to evaluate my charm, to get drunken/pissed... &so

now i still like it

but if it's just about to chill (not shag), it can be anywhere, isn't it :D

have a good chill mate!

girl from bar :o

some bangkok bars

i have no idea what you mean by electronic tho...

electronics music is developed from 80's style

imagine of the group like; New Order, The Promise, Happy Mondays, OMD... etc.,

most of the sound produced by the synthesizer

anyway

whatever they're called BREAKBEAT, TRIP-HOP, TECNNO, JUNGLE, D&B... etc.,

they are GENERALLY considered as ELECTRONICS MUSIC.

it's just about my own perception

if someone knows it more

feel free to share :o

GFB.

It's been a couple of years since I've been out and about for a night out for night on those lines but RCA used to be a top night out. Especially for a more Thai orientated night out (as in customers rather than employees) in Bangkok. However after reading a couple of posts here it seem like thats lost the popularity of the masses recently. Be interested in finding out how you get on... Will be returning to South East Asia for the long term myself shortly... :o

Current goings on along Ratchada or RCA? I'd like to know myself really.

RCA's dead nowadays, or at least the last time I went...

Tapaz, Silom Soi 4, plays great progressive House with a latin style, but gets way packed.

Bed Supper, great tunes (good DJ there on a Friday), but pretentious and expensive as ######. Similar experience goes for Q Bar - good tunes but packed full of pricks.

Tong Lor - There's Witches Tavern but haven't been there for donkeys. Don't think they have a particular style they stick to either.

Anything outside the three main joints, Sukhumvit, Silom and Khao Sarn, you'll only find chilled out Karaoke.

GFB's knowledge on electronic music is impressive...

the best way is to tune on the radio station

http://www.thisisclick.com/1025main.php

102.5 FM, every sats & suns

>8am-11am --Get Retro

>11am-1.30pm --Universal Sound

>8pm-11pm --Get Indie

those are only my fav program to chill out!

i hate this word tho --CHILL OUT.

:o

Out of the god-knows-how-many radio stations there are in Bangkok, Get 102.5 is the only one worth any merit. No wonder you can buy CD players on every street corner here...

...Thanks everybody for trying to help.

The conclusion is that in this huge city of 10.000.000 people unless you re a sex tourist there s not much you can do...

...Well of course you can stand with your 600 baht cocktail on your hand at bed or Q bar and do what they do: try to look the coolest and maintain your cool even after some 3 hours of detention and a drug test....

I knew it deep inside me but I didn t dare to admit it to myself.... Where is the counter culture? went on holidays to Goa?

As for the ones who want to know how old I am...well I m 35.

I should maybe start listening to the Carpenters and Dolly Parton insted? This would propably solve the problem...

Keep on smiling.... :o

Tapas bar in Patpong (the gay soi, this place is not a gay bar by the way) plays

"chilled out" music, house, techno groove, ect. The DJs are really skilled and the atmosphere is really fun and mellow; mostly hi-so young Thais and foreigners.

A good friend of mine, an American works there, is one of their regular DJs. He's

quite good, have a look see.

...Thanks everybody for trying to help.

The conclusion is that in this huge city of 10.000.000 people unless you re a sex tourist

So your an A$$ after all :o You can't find something to do??? what your saying is you "have" to be a sex tourist to have fun!!! 35 and still a child

Soi Ekkamai (63) has some cool bars. Bangkok Bar is good it's on the corner of soi 2, cool music, good drinks, a proper bar!! Mostly 20/30 something arty Thais, nice atmosphere and no bar girls or sex tourists. Friday night they open upstairs and it kicks off a bit!

Hip Hop bar and Peer Share are also on Ekkamai and worth checking out. There is a problem finding good places to hang out at if you want something a bit more "contemporary" rather than the usual "last century"dives.