Unanswered Question For Thai Visa Travel

uptheos

Since I asked this question there has not been one response from Thai Visa Travel and I'm left wondering why? It's a straight forward question, no tricks or ulterior motives. I like everyone else wants to get the best flight deals possible and if Thai Visa Travel can show me a good reason to pay thousands of Baht with them, then I will take everything into account.

Heres the original post:

I have been looking at Thai Visa's 'special' fares to Europe (London) and notice that the prices advertised are exclusive of tax, insurance, fuel surcharges and security.

I'm certainly not going to plug any other travel agent here, but two other large agents in Chiangmai offer the same tickets to London on the airlines mentioned for several thousand baht less.

I guess my question to Thai Visa Travel is: what makes them 'special fares'?

Thanks

I will try to respond to your question, if I may? If I am wrong, experts please free to correct me..

Thai Visa Travel is a new adventure and although the 'potential' customers are out there...it will take quite a few hundreds or even thousands of bookings to secure a rock bottom price on certain airlines...the most established seller/s of seats will secure a lower price than their new competitors.

Advertising fares at the lowest price excluding the additonal taxes is common place throughout the world..and the lowest fare probably only applies to the first 50 or 60 passengers who actually book and pay for the fare subject to availability at that particular moment in time.

The 'special fares' that you mention are NOT Thaivisa's own special fares...they are 'special' fares that the airline/s are advertising.

I hope this has answered your question :o

I will try to respond to your question, if I may? If I am wrong, experts please free to correct me..

Thai Visa Travel is a new adventure and although the 'potential' customers are out there...it will take quite a few hundreds or even thousands of bookings to secure a rock bottom price on certain airlines...the most established seller/s of seats will secure a lower price than their new competitors.

Advertising fares at the lowest price excluding the additonal taxes is common place throughout the world..and the lowest fare probably only applies to the first 50 or 60 passengers who actually book and pay for the fare subject to availability at that particular moment in time.

The 'special fares' that you mention are NOT Thaivisa's own special fares...they are 'special' fares that the airline/s are advertising.

Thanks for the reply

I understand the airline system quiote well (I think) and am a seasoned traveller back to the UK usually annually. I won't ask the same question again as I now understand the part regarding the new venture. However, I can assure you that the 50-60 seat rule has never yet been an obstacle for me in obtaining an excellent price including taxes (far cheaper than Thai Visa's advertised fares) especially with Emirates and Qatar.

Good luck to Thai Visa Travel.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply

I understand the airline system quiote well (I think) and am a seasoned traveller back to the UK usually annually. I won't ask the same question again as I now understand the part regarding the new venture. However, I can assure you that the 50-60 seat rule has never yet been an obstacle for me in obtaining an excellent price including taxes (far cheaper than Thai Visa's advertised fares) especially with Emirates and Qatar.

Good luck to Thai Visa Travel.

Cheers

Having been working ihis industry for a long time I would advise that there is in fact a level playing field out there since all we agencies buy in from a choice of ticketing agents or consolidators depending on the airline involved. The NET fares are the same to all agents, and on those that still pay commission this is netted down so effectively buying a ticket at the airline provided lowest level and then we all pay a ticketing fee which is the ticket provider/consolidators margin. Really BIg users of an airline may get also an additonal override ie more money from that specified airline but most always kept by the consolidator either for pormotions to its agencies or to make up for the highly competitive ticketing fee which is not going to make it rich quickly. In defence of TVT this is a very price responsive market, the fare can be 20000 plus taxes one day but up to 25000 the next as yield management is now practiced by nearly all the airlines.

You have to realise that apart from the airlines own websites, top rank booking agents like lastminute, expedia, ebookers etc. the rest of the product is just advertising.

I live in Pattaya and every week a travel agent plasters a whole page of the Pattaya Mail with fares but they could just be made up as they are not guaranteed.

Another anomaly is Emirates / Etihad. Etihad offers lower fares but has higher taxes whereas Emirates has higher fares but lower taxes (both BKK-LON).

The reality with these agents is that hey have not invested or cannot invest in online instant booking agencies and are just the same as the old telephone and ask agents of 20 years ago.

You have to realise that apart from the airlines own websites, top rank booking agents like lastminute, expedia, ebookers etc. the rest of the product is just advertising.

I live in Pattaya and every week a travel agent plasters a whole page of the Pattaya Mail with fares but they could just be made up as they are not guaranteed.

Another anomaly is Emirates / Etihad. Etihad offers lower fares but has higher taxes whereas Emirates has higher fares but lower taxes (both BKK-LON).

The reality with these agents is that hey have not invested or cannot invest in online instant booking agencies and are just the same as the old telephone and ask agents of 20 years ago.

Sorry, that is a complete load of TOSH. Many of us agents, including myself here in Pattaya, have invested in our own websites which we update with special offers from the airlines, we make it possible for you to email and ask, get free online consultation about all the availability and airlines who go where you want to go, book on email, get your itinerary on email, pay securely online or by bank transfer and get your ticket electronically so we can earn for a miserly sum in commission. I am not aware you could do that 20 years ago. I agree that the large page in the Pattaya Mail is a load of ... but you need to know that the owner of that company is rather closely related to the owner of the publication so i dont think he pays a lot for his adverts. I spent money in it last year and it was waste of space, whereas inernet marketing to expats really DOES work. Lastly we all have last minute seat availability on our airline systems, and if there is a seat in the booking class I need to get you the best rate then I can and will guarantee the price...as long as you pay me on time!