Where To Go On To From Pattaya?

Kinrara

Hi

We have now booked our flights to Bangkok arriving 8th Jan - 30th Jan. We will probably stay in Pattaya/Jomtien area for a week, then travel on. Would be grateful for any advice on places to go on from there, ie travel/accommodation details plus any costings, on a bit of a budget so not looking for 5* accommodation. We have already been to Bangkok and Ko Samui.

Really appreciate you time in replying.

Regards

Kinrara

Hi

We have now booked our flights to Bangkok arriving 8th Jan - 30th Jan. We will probably stay in Pattaya/Jomtien area for a week, then travel on. Would be grateful for any advice on places to go on from there, ie travel/accommodation details plus any costings, on a bit of a budget so not looking for 5* accommodation. We have already been to Bangkok and Ko Samui.

Really appreciate you time in replying.

Regards

Kinrara

If your focused on beaches, I would suggest Krabi....Ao Nang area....plenty of reasonable accommodation spectacular scenery and some decent little shops and bars.

Heading north to Chiang Mai by train from BKK (book ahead for first class cabin.....minimum second class) is a nice overnight trip and fits your budget. Then book a tour van to see the sights in the Chiang Mai Chiang Rai area......van with guide and driver....maybe 1500-2000 bhat per day plus fuel.....lodging is up to you...whatever you want to spend. See the mountains....waterfalls...caves..do some hiking....sweat all that Pattaya poison out of your body!! Go hang with some hill tribes.....light years from Pattaya.

I use a travel agency called "Friends of nature" on Ratchaprarop. They can arrange everything for you...and will take you off the beaten path....PM me if you'd like their#.

Eric

Your posting is quite vague... what do you mean by "go on"??

If you mean:

A. "go on" still inside Thailand, how about spending a week in Chonburi or Sriratcha.

B. "go on", to a neighboring country, I would suggest Myanmar... just steer clear of the death squads.

C. "go on", to another continent, how about South America... I really enjoyed Iguasu Falls.

Hope that helps...

A. "go on" still inside Thailand, how about spending a week in Chonburi or Sriratcha.

I don't know about others, but IMO, a week in amphur Chonburi would be fun! :o

To OP, something that is closer to Pattaya, island theme - try Koh Samet or Koh Chang. :D