Isuzu D-max Service Report

torrenova

Finally got the truck to the dealer today in Pattaya for its 5000km service. This is not the purchase dealer but no matter, they honour the free servicing (labour only).

Now I asked them to change the oil filter as well as the oil and after hearing that it didn't need to be done (the service girl knew her intervals) she wrote it down to do that as well.

It was going to be 2 hours but when I looked disappointed, I was promoted to the front of the queue (very busy this morning) and told 30 to 40 minutes. I go upstairs and start to read the paper. After about 40 minutes, they call out my wife's name (its in her name) so I go down to the cashier.

Bt840 for 7 litres of 10W-30 which I work out at Bt120 per litre. They had ESSO signs everywhere so I presume its ESSO Oil ?

Bt220 for the oil filter

Bt18 for something

Bt8 for something

Bt80 for labour - reduced to zero (so this free servicing really saves you in the pocket eh ?)

All together with Bt76.02 for VAT, it came to Bt1,162.02

Service was great, quick and all the ticks are in the book. They should perhaps have all the paperwork in full english though given the unmber of westerners here in Pattaya but a minor grumble. After having read about someone getting Bt900 for an oil change it seems about right.

On a side note, someone came in to pay for their 3rd service on an unknown Isuzu vehicle and she was given a bill for Bt130. Now that is at 15,000km so does anyone know why she got charged so little or did she have nothing done ? Just curious ?

I thought something like that or just changed an air filter or something. What gets me though that if it really was that and she wasn't getting a freebie (or I was paying for it !) then why spend hundreds of thousands of baht on a new truck and not spend on new oil etc. ?

Mine actually went in late at 6300 or so but they put the next service at 14300, a gap of 8000 and not the stipulated 5000. Needless to say, it will hit the garage in a little over 3700 at 10k !

Mine actually went in late at 6300 or so but they put the next service at 14300, a gap of 8000 and not the stipulated 5000. Needless to say, it will hit the garage in a little over 3700 at 10k !

I'm a bit surprised that the service intervals for Isuzu's is at 5,000k.  Toyota Vigo service intervals are listed at 10,000k intervals including oil and filter changes.

It depends. Some call this 'interim service' at 5000 km intervals where typically just the oil is changed. You might just as well do this at a gas station, or do oil changes at different intervals depending on the quality of the oil you prefer, and usage of the vehicle. (Lot of long distance driving vs short hops, infrequent use, etc)

And it depends on the age of the vehicle.. the very first check might actually happen at 3000 or 5000, and better do that at the dealer of course! Then later in the vehicle's life I typically do dealer service only at 20,000 intervals, the rest at the gas station unless there's something I want the dealer to do.